Mr. Acheson--it's time.

15 minutes ago, EricS said:

For all you people.in denial who are so blind to the facts, HERE THEY ARE IN BLACK AND WHITE.

https://covidactnow.org

Not sure how projections are facts....

also not sure who on dcp is in denial 

and what the heck group is this anyway. See doctors names and that’s it....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 minutes ago, EricS said:

For all you people.in denial who are so blind to the facts, HERE THEY ARE IN BLACK AND WHITE.

https://covidactnow.org

"...all you people..."?  

I like this quote:  "This model is intended to help make fast decisions, not predict the future" and then goes on to do exactly that.

And, for Ohio (and every other state) "Hospitals Overloaded assuming no action".  Where, in this great country, is there "No action" happening?

What's the "projection" (note: not prediction.  Heh) based on ALL THE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN DONE ALREADY?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Any sentence combining "coronavirus outbreak" and "good thing" is not going to age well.

There is an underlying premise, though, that is worth noting.  If the proper response to a pandemic is to limit the movement of all things that can carry a viable virus, then local sourcing becomes very important.  Most specifically, for essential goods, it would seem wise for their supply chains to be entirely domestic.

Your premise is fine, in my opinion.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, garfield said:

Pretty colors!

So it's not in black and white, then.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Here we go again with the statistical scare campaign.

Then why did you make up that scary number in the first place?

I didn't make it up. The number of COVID19 deaths in the U.S. this month has grown by an average by 33% per day. All I did was point out that at that rate, total deaths would surpass the annual number of U.S. auto fatalities in short order. That's explaining the potential risk if too little is done.

The question remains: are we doing enough yet to prevent that number from happening?

- - - - - - - - - -

And as for the argument that I'm scaremongering, well, only time will tell whether my warnings were better or worse than those promoting complacency.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

There is suppose to be some grant relief monies for non-profit organizations.

My employer, a non-profit that has had to shut down most of its operations and lay off lots of staff, is investigating whether we qualify for just such a loan as you describe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Perhaps creditors could agree also to push that Pause button. I think we will see some of that creative thinking take hold.  Also, just as one example, Does a financial institution want to make headlines by foreclosing on bunches of properties during this? I would think not. 

they could. time will tell. i know my bank is very proactive in helping those struggling....but not every creditor is a bank

7 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So it's not in black and white, then.

Just now, cixelsyd said:

(By the way, your post is in error.  The graphics are in color, not "BLACK AND WHITE".)

See, we can find common ground.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1