Mr. Acheson--it's time.

7 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I wonder if anyone will post on DCP once the season is canceled. 

Believe there will be a lot to discuss. Examples: is the touring model sustainable. less touring more regional. organizations regionally structured. regional performance venues. streaming of regional events. role of DCI. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At first I was dreading the announcement, I’ve been to finals every year since 2004. But as this thing progresses the announcement will come as a relief to me.

I couldnt imagine waking up one morning in August to find out members of a corps have been diagnosed with Coronavirus and the tour had to come to a screeching halt. Honestly I think the summer, if it had continued, would have been the source of constant anxiety for everyone involved with the activity, including the fans.
As sad as it is, it’s what’s best for the activity we love. 

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Believe there will be a lot to discuss. Examples: is the touring model sustainable. less touring more regional. organizations regionally structured. regional performance venues. streaming of regional events. role of DCI. 

Which corps might not make it to 2021? I hate to say it, but it wouldn't surprise me ☹️

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

How the hell DCI and which corps are going to survive this.

Prospects of finding housing.

What about next time

Edited by JimF-LowBari

42 minutes ago, EricS said:

God forbid that any of you fools depend on statistics when you can pull it out of your *ss

And your purpose for the drive by is.....

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Just report.

I'm tired of being insulted.

Already did.

23 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

I'm not sure how many FTE's work for DCI or what (if any) layoffs/staffing changes may occur if/when 2020 cancellation announcement is made.

Well, this is public data.  One could just look it up.