Mr. Acheson--it's time.

Just now, garfield said:

Whiskey.  You need to get all those people in your head smashingly drunk and then, one by one, roll them out to the street.

I’m not much for liquor but a good beer on tap wouldn’t be bad.  I guess I’m going to have to wait on that for a while. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Travel team ain't going to go back to intramural play.. Without the national tour, it's nothing but summer local marching band, and very few of the best performers are going to bother with it. 

Hmmmm drum corps stepping back from “elite of the elite”. Interesting concept on how DCI would sell that.

1 minute ago, Slingerland said:

Travel team ain't going to go back to intramural play.. Without the national tour, it's nothing but summer local marching band, and very few of the best performers are going to bother with it. 

If one is to assume that the very best performers are involved! I’m not convinced that’s the case. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

"Parked?"

Lol worked with people at Norfolk. Have problems with getting a response from a ship at times and ask my contact if it was in.

Response is usually: well it was there when I drove to the building this morning... or ... yep I stuck my head out the window and I see it .... or ... nope there’s a big empty spot

Guy works in a building across from carrier row IIRC

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hmmmm drum corps stepping back from “elite of the elite”. Interesting concept on how DCI would sell that.

One of the criteria for “elite” status is based on ability to pay. That in itself eliminates a large percentage of participation. Regional model might correct that. Doesn’t mean qualify performers diminish.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

More fake news.

1.  No one is saying that today is the day to relax our social distancing.

2.  But someone did "forget" to include China on that graph.

Well, as you yourself have pointed out, I'm no apologist for China.

Over the past 24 hours, there has been A LOT of talk about how the states that have imposed social distancing are going too far.

A lot.

26 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Am I "promoting complacency"?

You're hard to read. You're a sharp critical thinker whose skepticism mostly seems to go in one direction on this topic.

But no, I wouldn't say that about you. But some folks were, although I'm sure they didn't wish anyone ill. Just look back at posts on this subject from the last few days of February and first days of March, when there were only about 50 confirmed cases in the U.S., and you'll see a more than a few comments about how this whole situation was being "overhyped" and that two to three weeks hence (i.e., before now), those who then were suggesting that this epidemic could become very serious would look pretty foolish.

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat... i have removed a few posts. Per DCP guidelines, personal attacks are not permitted.   Also, posting private emails is also not permitted per the guidelines.

But, look on the bright side.  Your total posts are climbing.

• Haha 1