Mr. Acheson--it's time.

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

<sigh> you make me miss my Friday Wisconsin fish fries. 

I still have an Old Fashioned with your name on it.

3 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

I’ve done that a few times lately.

Fear is what drives panic. We sure don’t need a push on fear.

i have hit it too.

11 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Well, testing is going to become a big part of the solution eventually. People are right that it's going to be impossible to keep up social distancing protocols for the 17 months it make take until a vaccine is ready. But *right now*, we haven't tested even 10% of the people we should, so we have to go with these distancing measures. It's our best tool.

Understood I was ribbing the idea that all this social distancing and other precautions were so CDC could get more samples. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s very important to remain calm and rational under these circumstances.  Grace under pressure wins the day. 

well grace under pressure did win Alex Lifeson guitar player of the year

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

i have hit it too.

I’m getting bad info on what staying in place means. Almost an argument of if it means I can take a drive or even go outside. Answer is yes to both....

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Somebody leaked it.  Kind of like the bootleg recaps we got a few years back. 

those were more in demand

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

I wonder if anyone will post on DCP once the season is canceled. 

of course, there's always something to argue about

33 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Well, as you yourself have pointed out, I'm no apologist for China.

Over the past 24 hours, there has been A LOT of talk about how the states that have imposed social distancing are going too far.

A lot.

No room for robust debate?  Perhaps people stake the contrary position to explore the possible options. Everything is not a wreckless plot. 

Edited by HockeyDad

34 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

You're hard to read. You're a sharp critical thinker whose skepticism mostly seems to go in one direction on this topic.

But no, I wouldn't say that about you. But some folks were, although I'm sure they didn't wish anyone ill. Just look back at posts on this subject from the last few days of February and first days of March, when there were only about 50 confirmed cases in the U.S., and you'll see a more than a few comments about how this whole situation was being "overhyped" and that two to three weeks hence (i.e., before now), those who then were suggesting that this epidemic could become very serious would look pretty foolish.

Positions aren’t allowed to evolve?  What is your point?  Are you trying to win the internet?

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I still have an Old Fashioned with your name on it.

I’ll be over as soon as is allowed. 

• Haha 1