Predictive Scoring Model

I'm looking for software for a research project where I can enter data (sub-caption scores) over a period of time to determine if final scores & predictive outcomes are even close. While I understand there are many variables that play into a units performance on any given nigh, since I have nothing to do for two weeks, I figured I might as well try something! Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Rocketman

34 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

I'm looking for software for a research project where I can enter data (sub-caption scores) over a period of time to determine if final scores & predictive outcomes are even close. While I understand there are many variables that play into a units performance on any given nigh, since I have nothing to do for two weeks, I figured I might as well try something! Any help would be appreciated.

Would a simple spreadsheet accomplish this?

8 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Perhaps, but how do you write the formulas?

Here is a link which describes the formula for excel and I expect this would also work with LibraCalc the open source spreadsheet:

Thanks everyone. What I am hoping to incorporate is, for example, sub-caption from say the three previous performances and then have the model attempt to predict the next score for each caption.

It sounds like you want time as in the date of earlier contests to be the explanatory or independent variables and scores at finals to be the dependent variable. You should be able to use the regression function in Excel to come up with the regression specifications that you could use to forecast finals scores. https://www.dummies.com/software/microsoft-office/excel/how-to-use-the-regression-data-analysis-tool-in-excel/