MM Refunds, and Ticket Buyers, too? Friends?

It's likely that MM's will be refunded almost completely their tuition and fees paid so far for expenses beyond camps and education already provided.

What about ticket buyers and Friends members?  Should they get refunds from DCI?  Ticketmaster?  What about ticket sales to shows through the corps themselves?

38 minutes ago, garfield said:

What about ticket buyers and Friends members?  Should they get refunds from DCI?  Ticketmaster?  What about ticket sales to shows through the corps themselves?

Yes. Obviously.

I already emailed a corps I bought tickets from to let them know that I don't want a refund, and hope they will use the money as a contribution instead. Hopefully lots of people will do the same, and corps will make it easy to do that when communicating with people about the refunds they're clearly entitled to.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I think for marching members it will be 100% at the corps discretion.  I know some corps will be trying to give full refunds, and some corps will just be aiming to give some sort of refund.  I would assume some things have already been paid for in advance of the season, so maybe they will take some money off as a credit for next season?  It will be interesting to see.

Edited by BoaDci
  • Sad 1

I donate already as well. I would like a refund from tickets I bought from DCI and take that money and donate it to Bluecoats. Obviously, I am happy to donate the  tickets I bought for Bloo shows to Bloo. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I donate already as well. I would like a refund from tickets I bought from DCI and take that money and donate it to Bluecoats. Obviously, I am happy to donate the  tickets I bought for Bloo shows to Bloo. 

I will not ask for a refund from the Cavaliers for the Lisle show but I’ll take a refund from DCI for championships, Detroit, and St. Louis. 

• Like 4

I think whether or not tickets are refunded depends on the show and sponsor. 

With shows sponsored by DCI itself (Indy, Atlanta, DCI East, Tour Premier etc) I think you’ll be offered either a refund or a guarantee of the same seats for 2021 which I think could turn out to be a good deal since ticket prices could very well increase in 2021. 

i'm wondering what Flo will do. my membership just renewed and 90% of their stuff i would have watched is gone

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm wondering what Flo will do. my membership just renewed and 90% of their stuff i would have watched is gone

I cancelled last month before it automatically renewed. 

actually, I cancelled this month.  It’s still March.  I guess I’m wishing it was April after being in the house for two weeks come Saturday. 

Edited by Terri Schehr