MM Refunds, and Ticket Buyers, too? Friends?

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm wondering what Flo will do. my membership just renewed and 90% of their stuff i would have watched is gone

Since Flo offers more than drum corps, it may be harder to get a refund. That being said, good will by Flo at this time may go a long way since so many were dissatisfied last year. A year also gives DCI an opportunity to find a different provider, so good will  could be a good strategic move as well. If Flo gives refunds, DCI could be less likely to look at other vendors.

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I cancelled last month before it automatically renewed. 

A month ago none of us expected this 

I plan to donate all of my ticket purchases and FDCI contributions. Planning on increasing donations to the individuals corps I have historically supported to help them weather the storm. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I plan to donate all of my ticket purchases and FDCI contributions. Planning on increasing donations to the individuals corps I have historically supported to help them weather the storm. 

You, and all others saying the same thing, are my heroes today.

I thank you all, and the activity thanks you all.

12 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Already donate, so refund my money for tickets purchased for all cancelled DCI events. If interested in attending a performance in 2021 I’ll purchase tickets again. 

Me, too, and a lot.  (BTW, THANK YOU!  I thank you and the activity thanks you!)

You might consider getting the ticket money in your grubby, little hands and just donating it back to them.

:innocent:

But, yea, I agree, "credit" is out of the question.  I want to direct it directly to the corps.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I think for marching members it will be 100% at the corps discretion.  I know some corps will be trying to give full refunds, and some corps will just be aiming to give some sort of refund.  I would assume some things have already been paid for in advance of the season, so maybe they will take some money off as a credit for next season?  It will be interesting to see.

I expect that all corps will refund 100% not already spent on educational programs for the MM's (camps, lessons, etc).  For most corps, that's nearly all.

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm wondering what Flo will do. my membership just renewed and 90% of their stuff i would have watched is gone

i canceled mine last week. 

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I will not ask for a refund from the Cavaliers for the Lisle show but I’ll take a refund from DCI for championships, Detroit, and St. Louis. 

I'm thinking that the Ticketmaster purchases, i.e. Detroit, Mid-West, & Finals, will have to be automatically refunded due to the "beast" that is TM.  Then you can donate those funds back to DCI or a specific corps.  Donating the smaller event Tix monies will probably work with the DCI Ticket site & the tix sold by the individual corps.  Just speculation.   

Edited by keystone3ply
correction

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I did it because WGI was cancelled.   

mine renewed weeks before it was a thought

• Like 1