MM Refunds, and Ticket Buyers, too? Friends?

I bought two tickets to the DCI Broken Arrow show.  Today, I got a response from DCI.

Today, we would like to provide you with options regarding the DCI Premier Event Tickets you've purchased for the 2020 season.

The best option for DCI and its member corps would, of course, be to donate your ticket purchases back to DCI as a tax-deductible donation. In the alternative, you may also transfer your ticket purchase to any of the DCI Premier Events on the 2021 tour.

Those are the only options offered.  No refunds.

32 minutes ago, Herk said:

I bought two tickets to the DCI Broken Arrow show.  Today, I got a response from DCI.

Those are the only options offered.  No refunds.

I received those emails for my (3) DCI ticketed events with those 2 options as well.  I also purchased other events via Ticketmaster.  So far, the only email I've received for those events, states that I will receive a refund to the credit card used for purchase for the Detroit Premiere Show.  I have not received an email for St Louis Mid-West or the Prelim, Semis, & Finals events.   

Edited by keystone3ply
correction

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I received those emails for my (3) DCI ticketed events with those 2 options as well.  I also purchased other events via Ticketmaster.  So far, the only email I've received for those events, states that I will receive a refund to the credit card used for purchase for the Detroit Premiere Show.  I have not received an email for St Louis Mid-West or the Prelim, Semis, & Finals events.   

Same.  

My email for Super 3 for World Championships offer 1) donate to DCI or 2) transfer to 2021.  No refund.
They offer the same option for my Premier Events tickets. No refund.
For the Tour Events tickets there is the option of donating or get a refund.  I am concerned that it reads "all/part" as a donation to the corps.  What does PART mean?  

Need to ask some more questions.  It appears the shows sponsored by individual corps offer refunds, but none of the DCI shows do.  Why?

Edited by oldbandguy
update

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Just got my email for DCI Super 3 Tickets. Options were to donate or roll over for next year. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

My email for Super 3 for World Championships offer 1) donate to DCI or 2) transfer to 2021.  No refund.
They offer the same option for my Premier Events tickets. No refund.
For the Tour Events tickets there is the option of donating or get a refund.  I am concerned that it reads "all/part" as a donation to the corps.  What does PART mean?  

Need to ask some more questions.  It appears the shows sponsored by individual corps offer refunds, but none of the DCI shows do.  Why?

No refund for the Lisle show but I was going to donate it anyway.  Got the email today.

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

it's date driven. i rolled my tix over for next year i already started making donations to corps

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's date driven. i rolled my tix over for next year i already started making donations to corps

I'm beginning to think it's an algorithm issue on Ticketmaster with the St Louis Mid-West event.  It has never shown up in a "DCI" search since it was uploaded when they went up for sale along with Detroit & Orlando.  (Still not showing in Ticketmaster search results; see link)  I'm thinking DCI instructed Ticketmaster to cancel all events that they handle except for Prelims, Semis, & Finals since they have a long term contract with Lucas Oil.  The other venues are year to year, so the other Ticketmaster DCI events were canceled; except for St Louis which is not showing up on their program's "radar".  

I would like to keep my same seats for Championship week & receive refunds for Detroit & St. Louis.  However, St. Louis is still in limbo not showing canceled or postponed.  It's actually showing "Sold Out" when you go to the POS page.  Maybe DCI is trying to contract The Dome at America's Center for 2021?  I'd be fine with keeping those same seats as well.  Looks like the DCI Ticket office handled events will offer donation or a credit for ticket purchase next year.  (Same for show or corps sponsored ticket sales.)     

https://www.ticketmaster.com/dci-drum-corps-international-tickets/artist/877525   =  DCI Search results

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/drum-corps-international/event/0600584EE415DD9D  =  St Louis Point of Sale page

I'm also fine with making donations from my other ticket purchases but I think I'd rather donate those funds to a specific corps where I have ties.  Looks like they want the "donation" to go to DCI.org?   

Edited by keystone3ply
addition

I bet this puts a hamper on future pre ticket sales to future events once everything gets back to normal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

No refund for the Lisle show but I was going to donate it anyway.  Got the email today.

I would consider those types of tickets and their cancellations as "rainouts".  Its how I look at it when it does a show is rained out - my contribution to DC.  For the "big" shows such as Allentown (which I have tickets), I will accept a referral to next year.  Ironic that we had decided not to do our usual DC tour this year and just do the Allentown show.🤨