MM Refunds, and Ticket Buyers, too? Friends?

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:
I'm also fine with making donations from my other ticket purchases but I think I'd rather donate those funds to a specific corps where I have ties.  Looks like they want the "donation" to go to DCI.org?   

I sent DCI an email asking if they could add a corps-specific donation as an option for my Denton tickets (well ANY tickets). As my son is an SOA alumnus, I would prefer the donation go to them. Waiting on a reply.

• Like 1

Wonder how the Indy Chamber of Commerce will feel about DCI hosting future events? Their sponsored hotels are issuing refunds. airlines and other events canceled like the Big 10 - all made refunds. DCI claims they're major league - REALLY! The XFL, MLB, MLS issued refunds. Ticketmaster issued refunds for cancelled events. DCI and the corps all know touring drum corps will take a while to fit back into the new norm, if at all. IMO it would have been nice to at least had the option for a complete refund. Instead DCI screwed over those loyal fans who are out of work and in dire need of any money they can get during this pandemic. In times like this we get to see people for who they really are - out for themselves.

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Wonder how the Indy Chamber of Commerce will feel about DCI hosting future events? Their sponsored hotels are issuing refunds. airlines and other events canceled like the Big 10 - all made refunds. DCI claims they're major league - REALLY! The XFL, MLB, MLS issued refunds. Ticketmaster issued refunds for cancelled events. DCI and the corps all know touring drum corps will take a while to fit back into the new norm, if at all. IMO it would have been nice to at least had the option for a complete refund. Instead DCI screwed over those loyal fans who are out of work and in dire need of any money they can get during this pandemic. In times like this we get to see people for who they really are - out for themselves.

Is it a question of DCI not wanting to give refunds, or is it unable to give refunds? 

In theory, all ticket sale money should be in a separate account and should not have been touched yet, except for expenses directly involved with the show. I would wonder if that is the case. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

i dunno i am very happy to have the exact same seats next year at Allentown

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Glad you’re VERY happy! Unless you’re unemployed at the moment and one of the loyal fans who could use the money for their family, please try to not make it all about you. Thanks again for your wonderful understanding. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

From what I gleaned from the DCI ticket options, one gets a credit towards the  2021 premier events, not necessarily the same tickets.  I prefer that, since I'll be able to get better tickets next year, perhaps.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob P. said:

From what I gleaned from the DCI ticket options, one gets a credit towards the  2021 premier events, not necessarily the same tickets.  I prefer that, since I'll be able to get better tickets next year, perhaps.😉

That's how I read it ... not able to have the same seats, but just "credit" for the new ticket purchase (of which I"m presuming there will be a cost increase, so we'll pay a differential.)

On 4/3/2020 at 11:42 AM, SOA Dad said:

I sent DCI an email asking if they could add a corps-specific donation as an option for my Denton tickets (well ANY tickets). As my son is an SOA alumnus, I would prefer the donation go to them. Waiting on a reply.

Well I got my answer today .... and I guess I am not surprised.

I did end up making a donation directly to Spirit yesterday. Every little bit helps.

Hello ,

Thanks for the input. 

As you can imagine the task of working through the cancellation of the entire tour is daunting.  To add a request like this would make an already complex undertaking even more difficult.

Should your choose to refund, we encourage you to donate to a Corps of your choice, in this case Spirit of Atlanta, and/or DCI.

We appreciate your understanding and support of DCI and our member Corps.

Should you choose to request a refund, below is the link to do that.

https://dciticketing.formstack.com/forms/2020refundrequestform

Sincerely,

DCI.org Support

1 hour ago, rmm155 said:

That's how I read it ... not able to have the same seats, but just "credit" for the new ticket purchase (of which I"m presuming there will be a cost increase, so we'll pay a differential.)

Two things. DCI may not be able to promise the same seats since the venues could change. Some will not, such as Lucas Oil and Allentown. Others might. 

It is likely ticket prices will increase, but if you take the credit for 2021, you may not have to pay the increase. 

We are all sailing in uncharted waters, including DCI. I am sure they are just beginning to decide what to do and the employees who handle these things may have been fired, furloughed, or laid off. Another thing, which could differ from state to state  since each state has their own consumer laws. About twenty years ago I was supposed to go to a concert at a venue in Rhode Island. The concert was cancelled when the venue became unavailable and another could not be found. State law required a refund, but the refund checks did not have to be mailed until the day of the concert. If that is true in other states, refunds may not be due until a later date. Ironically it rained the night of the show and it would have been cancelled, but I would not have been eligible for a refund if weather cancelled the concert.

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Seriously?  The thing to do here Jeff, is to try to force yourself to think of other, less-fortunate people.

• Thanks 1