MM Refunds, and Ticket Buyers, too? Friends?

48 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

You just did! šŸ¤­

no details tho. i like to keep secrets.

• Haha 1

Because there are several methods for ticket purchases, there seems to be much confusion coupled with the vague messaging* from the DCI.org. Ā Tickets can be purchased thru the DCI Ticket Office, Friends of DCI for Championship week, large regional shows directly thru Ticketmaster,Ā individual corps, and individual show sponsors. Ā 

My interpretation is that my Championship week tickets via Ticketmaster showĀ POSTPONED which should mean that myĀ tickets will be frozen with the same seats for 2021. Ā (That's what happens with other concert, theater, etc.Ā events thru Ticketmaster.) Ā I hope that is the case as I'd like to keep my same seats. Ā This maybe true for Championship week tix purchased via Friends of DCI? Ā The other Ticketmaster events are showingĀ CANCELED, except for Mid-West which seems to be in limbo, will be refunded due to those venues being contracted year to year. Ā (refund credited to your credit card used for purchase) Ā 

For the DCI Ticket Office events, those funds will be credited toward ticket purchases for the 2021 season or you can make a donation using those funds. Ā I'm sure that's due to those show venues that may change year to year. Ā That's my interpretation anyway. Ā But what do I know. Ā Not much; you? Ā :unsure:Ā  Ā  Ā 

*Statement not intended as a slam on DCI.org.Ā 

Edited by keystone3ply
correction

16 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Could DCI survive a cancelled season and a lawsuit of any type? Or would it be I got some money back but.....

Same question... if you take like seats in 2021, OR donate to DCI...Ā Ā who's to say DCI will still be around to make good on either of those alternatives?

The pandemic will continue until people have been inoculated against it, until then we're just playing whack-a-mole with it. Sorry to sound so cheery about it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, paulie1340 said:

Same question... if you take like seats in 2021, OR donate to DCI...Ā Ā who's to say DCI will still be around to make good on either of those alternatives?

The pandemic will continue until people have been inoculated against it, until then we're just playing whack-a-mole with it. Sorry to sound so cheery about it.

Or until it mutates and just fades away. Or until enough herd immunity develops. There are many possibilities.Ā 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Ā 

I didnā€™t march DCI. Never been a secretĀ 

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Or until it mutates and just fades away. Or until enough herd immunity develops. There are many possibilities.Ā 

Hopefully mutate to less vicious version. 1918 flu the second round was the big killer.

Ticket update to my previous post above: Ā Ticketmaster is now showing my Prelims,Ā Semis, & Finals tickets asĀ CANCELEDĀ which I guess means a refund with no rollover for those seats in 2021. Ā The St Louis Mid-WestĀ tickets are still notĀ showing a status & I haven't received an email for that show. Ā It'sĀ still showing that event asĀ SOLD OUT. Ā Must be thereĀ computer running all of these cancelations, postponements, etc with little or no human intervention. Ā Ā  Ā Ā 

Edited by keystone3ply
correction