MM Refunds, and Ticket Buyers, too? Friends?

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Nope ... Windows Vista

We called it Longhorn when I was teaching certification. There we're other names which I can't say here but rest assured, all of them were horrible...and true. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

On 3/25/2020 at 5:35 PM, garfield said:

It's likely that MM's will be refunded almost completely their tuition and fees paid so far for expenses beyond camps and education already provided.

What about ticket buyers and Friends members?  Should they get refunds from DCI?  Ticketmaster?  What about ticket sales to shows through the corps themselves?

OK.  Knock me over with a feather.  DCI.org Support stepped up. Kudos to them!

I sent an email to DCI and got a link to a 2020 DCI Refund Form.   (Ticketmaster tickets will automatically refund is about 30 days.)

So for DCI.org tickets... fans can do what they want to do OR what have to do.  This form covers requests for Friend of DCI Membership,  Friend of DCI Additional Tickets,  Super 3 Ticket Package,  DCI Tour Premier Event(s)

Here's the link  ->https://dciticketing.formstack.com/forms/2020refundrequestform

Please use it wisely.  And, stay safe out there!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

We called it Longhorn when I was teaching certification. There we're other names which I can't say here but rest assured, all of them were horrible...and true. 😂😂😂😂

Used to deal with laptops from remote places with Windows7. We would upgrade stuff and have to make sure it ran on the old and crappy systems. 

IIRC still WinBlows7 because they realized how bad Vista was.. 🤮

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Used to deal with laptops from remote places with Windows7. We would upgrade stuff and have to make sure it ran on the old and crappy systems. 

IIRC still WinBlows7 because they realized how bad Vista was.. 🤮

Vista was horrid. They fixed a multitude of the security holes by the time the name changed. Oddly enough, the company I worked for hired a ton of IT cats from Enron just after the scandal broke and I flew down to Houston for 3 months to pick their brains on writing support documentation. It was a cool gig. 

On an on topic note, I'm glad that DCI stepped up on several fronts. I still think they should have an age out ceremony in 2021 for those who aren't going to be able to march their bonus year (or allow those folks to share in the regular 2021 age out.) It was one of the most important parts of the experience after all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulie1340 said:

2 hours ago, paulie1340 said:

OK.  Knock me over with a feather.  DCI.org Support stepped up. Kudos to them!

I sent an email to DCI and got a link to a 2020 DCI Refund Form.   (Ticketmaster tickets will automatically refund is about 30 days.)

So for DCI.org tickets... fans can do what they want to do OR what have to do.  This form covers requests for Friend of DCI Membership,  Friend of DCI Additional Tickets,  Super 3 Ticket Package,  DCI Tour Premier Event(s)

Here's the link  ->https://dciticketing.formstack.com/forms/2020refundrequestform

Please use it wisely.  And, stay safe out there!!!

I don't have a dog in this fight regarding DCI ticket refunds, but it seems to me this was an example of an easily forseeable PR blunder.  Given the economic situation many may find themselves in, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a lot of people are going to want a refund as they may need those funds for basic living expenses. I'm glad they have a Refund Form for those that want/need a refund, but this should have been included in their initial offering of choices, not as something they make their paying customers go out of their way to find out.

For naysayers:  Yes, we are aware there were a lot of things DCI had to deal with in the last month, but common sense should have kicked in regarding messaging. Not offering the Refund Form in their communication about options was tone deaf.  Did they have a lot to deal with, yes. Does that mean there weren't messaging issues that could have been anticipated when drafting the communication?  Also, yes.

Back to your regular scheduled thread.

Edited by wolfgang
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, wolfgang said:

I don't have a dog in this fight regarding DCI ticket refunds, but it seems to me this was an example of an easily forseeable PR blunder.  Given the economic situation many may find themselves in, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a lot of people are going to want a refund as they may need those funds for basic living expenses. I'm glad they have a Refund Form for those that want/need a refund, but this should have been included in their initial offering of choices, not as something they make their paying customers go out of their way to find out.

For naysayers:  Yes, we are all aware there were a lot of things the corps and DCI had to deal with in the last month, but basic common sense should have kicked in with at least one person there regarding messaging. Not offering the Refund Form in their communication about options was very tone deaf.  Did they have a lot to deal with, yes. Does that mean there weren't messaging issues that could easily have been anticipated and foreseen when drafting the communication?  Also, yes.

Back to your regular scheduled thread.

They should occasionally step out of their “pageantry” bubble and actually connect with the real world. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Has anyone seen or heard anything about tickets to the Easts ?

i got an email from DCI last week

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i got an email from DCI last week

I didn't get one,at least no yet.

Did they give you the option of keeping your seats for 2021 ?

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

I didn't get one,at least no yet.

Did they give you the option of keeping your seats for 2021 ?

They gave you an option of donating your money to DCI or retaining credit for 2021.  No specification of retaining seats.  As others have posted, there is a separate form for requesting refunds.  

(sad, I had darn good seats, but realize the limitations involved.)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They should occasionally step out of their “pageantry” bubble and actually connect with the real world. 

Well, you know and I know, because we read it here all the time - DCI doesn’t have any power or any authority or even any money or any staff. DCI is the corps. So, we can’t be so hard on them. 

• Like 1