MM Refunds, and Ticket Buyers, too? Friends?

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Some! 🤪

i wonder who will be the 7th now that one is awaiting legal proceedings

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i wonder who will be the 7th now that one is awaiting legal proceedings

The activity is in a dire financial situation and another year of dismal financial results will force difficult decisions to be made.

So given DCI’s financial performance it’s not surprising some new ideas and approaches are on the agenda for discussions. To mitigate risks in the face of future uncertainty makes sense to me.

Believe the director’s will take the time to decide if DCI remains viable without change, or if it should be managed under another entity that is better managed, structured and most importantly not in the red. 

The last thing this is about is control, IMO it’s all inclusive which is good. I’m optimistic. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2

We are offering the following options for the tickets you purchased through our Ticket Fundraiser:

·      Donate your ticket to  (well managed DCI Corps) as a tax-deductible donation
As a thank you for your donation, you will receive a membership in our( club for donors)
·      Push the amount of your ticket order forward to apply to your 2021 ticket order
·      Refund your ticket order, or a portion of it
The $5 per ticket handling fee is non-refundable and not tax-deductible

So it seems that if you bought through the corps you at least have the option of a refund.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, totaleefree said:
We are offering the following options for the tickets you purchased through our Ticket Fundraiser:

·      Donate your ticket to  (well managed DCI Corps) as a tax-deductible donation
As a thank you for your donation, you will receive a membership in our( club for donors)
·      Push the amount of your ticket order forward to apply to your 2021 ticket order
·      Refund your ticket order, or a portion of it
The $5 per ticket handling fee is non-refundable and not tax-deductible

So it seems that if you bought through the corps you at least have the option of a refund.

Yes. I bought tickets through both Madison and Phantom. Both organizations offered refunds with options to donate.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Poppycock said:

The activity is in a dire financial situation and another year of dismal financial results will force difficult decisions to be made.

So given DCI’s financial performance it’s not surprising some new ideas and approaches are on the agenda for discussions. To mitigate risks in the face of future uncertainty makes sense to me.

Believe the director’s will take the time to decide if DCI remains viable without change, or if it should be managed under another entity that is better managed, structured and most importantly not in the red. 

The last thing this is about is control, IMO it’s all inclusive which is good. I’m optimistic. 

control is always the bottom line. it's called life

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

control is always the bottom line. it's called life

Got it! Appreciate what you’re saying. Also flattering to have someone so obviously fond of me, be sincere it's just puppy love right! It’s possible to introduce alternative thoughts or state here’s what I’ve heard about a specific topic. I admit I don’t have first-hand knowledge, but confident that discussions are in play on a number of issues, and there are strong opinions. Would be nice if you kept the showy, one-sided, and obnoxious forms of delivery to a minimum and instead elaborate on what you actually know. It’s okay to agree to disagree and let the conversation go on - even when evidence and behaviors prove otherwise.

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 12:06 PM, Poppycock said:

Where did this come from?

"another year of dismal financial results"?

"given DCI's financial performance it's not surprising"

"in the red"

Sounds more like Hoppycock to me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Where did this come from?

"another year of dismal financial results"?

"given DCI's financial performance it's not surprising"

"in the red"

Sounds more like Hoppycock to me.

Intended or not, there's a joke in there somewhere!  😂

14 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Got it! Appreciate what you’re saying. Also flattering to have someone so obviously fond of me, be sincere it's just puppy love right! It’s possible to introduce alternative thoughts or state here’s what I’ve heard about a specific topic. I admit I don’t have first-hand knowledge, but confident that discussions are in play on a number of issues, and there are strong opinions. Would be nice if you kept the showy, one-sided, and obnoxious forms of delivery to a minimum and instead elaborate on what you actually know. It’s okay to agree to disagree and let the conversation go on - even when evidence and behaviors prove otherwise.

i've heard lots.