Thursday, March 26, 2020 - A New Drum Corps Day

8 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Yes. I understood. The belief that DCI hadn't discussed their comms is incorrect - they wanted to give the corps the chance to communicate to their members first, before worrying about the rest of the community.

Which makes sense. Of course in this age of instant communication there really isn’t much time before word gets passed all around. Which is something DCI cannot control

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Like I have said - get bad news out as soon as possible - it never gets better with age.

Point of order - I was making the point that if the season is called off, the sooner it happens the better.

Not that DCI should go public without giving the Corps time to inform their members.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

As recently as a week ago, there were a few big name corps who were gung ho to move forward, and were quite vocal in their positions. 

Just wondering what exactly  "move forward"  refers to.?

And think back how different things were just a week ago...

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

The corps have been planning on this for several weeks. DCI needed to formalize it with a meeting, and they were holding out until the member orgs all got to the point of realizing what the situation down the road looked like. As recently as a week ago, there were a few big name corps who were gung ho to move forward, and were quite vocal in their positions. 

They didn't rush it, they didn't drag it, they didn't "fail to plan" - they acted as a co-op should and gave the partners time to come up with a decision.

A few folks who obviously had axes to grind with the activity or their former organizations couldn't hold on to their crap, but that's not really anyone else's problem.

and one abstained

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Which makes sense. Of course in this age of instant communication there really isn’t much time before word gets passed all around. Which is something DCI cannot control

only thing in DCI that leaked more was recaps in 2016

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Yeah, no one else is sure what that was about.

playing the neutral game i am sure