Thursday, March 26, 2020 - A New Drum Corps Day

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

So - tour is cancelled?  

Truly, don't know.

But I do know that there several hundred people hunched down over spreadsheets, financial docs, and inventory sheets trying to figure out how to save the activity for future generations.

It's those people who deserve the support now.  And, if they are able to save the season or the activity for this year or next, their feet are to the fire and they are in the hot seats.

That's a hard place to be with such weighty decisions.

1. Save lives.

2. Help family.

3. Help something you believe in strongly.  For me this will be Church followed by DrumCorps. 

WGI will survive it, there are already hopes and dreams about 2021.  Drum corps will survive.  Some will expire.  Some will be born out of the ashes.  The Rocketeers have already disbanded and put the word out that their instruments are available for donation to other groups.  Keep the lights on will be the battle cry for some.  Best wishes to all, there is a lot of time in between now and next summer to see how it all pans out.

Looking forward to the next time I can smell summer and hear drumlines warming up when I pull into a show lot.  It will be a great day.

• Like 3

Kathy Harcourt has been the Friends of DCI coordinator for more than a long time.  She knows me by name, knows (and allows) my payment preferences, is always accommodating with special requests, is agile as a cat in solving problems and seemingly being in several places at one time, and is always a happy, smiling face at every event I've ever seen her.

Today was her last day at DCI until October (hopefully).

I'm going to miss Kathy.  She's been a fabulous support and front person for DCI, and she deserves our heartfelt praise.

Thank you, Kathy, and see you in six months.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2