Thursday, March 26, 2020 - A New Drum Corps Day

19 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Like I have said - get bad news out as soon as possible - it never gets better with age.

Earlier one plans for the consequences the better....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.

The corps have been planning on this for several weeks. DCI needed to formalize it with a meeting, and they were holding out until the member orgs all got to the point of realizing what the situation down the road looked like. As recently as a week ago, there were a few big name corps who were gung ho to move forward, and were quite vocal in their positions. 

They didn't rush it, they didn't drag it, they didn't "fail to plan" - they acted as a co-op should and gave the partners time to come up with a decision.

A few folks who obviously had axes to grind with the activity or their former organizations couldn't hold on to their crap, but that's not really anyone else's problem.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Slingerland said:

The corps have been planning on this for several weeks. DCI needed to formalize it with a meeting, and they were holding out until the member orgs all got to the point of realizing what the situation down the road looked like. They didn't rush it, they didn't drag it, they didn't "fail to plan" - they acted as a co-op should and gave the partners time to come up with a decision.

A few folks who obviously had axes to grind with the activity or their former organizations couldn't hold on to their crap, but that's not really anyone else's problem.

How did Star of Indiana vote?  :whistle:

1 minute ago, Slingerland said:

The corps have been planning on this for several weeks. DCI needed to formalize it with a meeting, and they were holding out until the member orgs all got to the point of realizing what the situation down the road looked like. They didn't rush it, they didn't drag it, they didn't "fail to plan" - they acted as a co-op should and gave the partners time to come up with a decision.

I was just referring to Jim’s post.  A quote from Benjamin Franklin that I use a lot, because I plan and organize to the extreme.  I was in no way reflecting on DCI’s planning process.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was just referring to Jim’s post.  A quote from Benjamin Franklin that I use a lot, because I plan and organize to the extreme.  I was in no way reflecting on DCI’s planning process.  

And my post was saying it is good that things are being worked on and decided now instead of waiting (and hoping) for later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes. I understood. The belief that DCI hadn't discussed their comms is incorrect - they wanted to give the corps the chance to communicate to their members first, before worrying about the rest of the community.

Edited by Slingerland