Member corps vote to cancel 2020 DCI Tour

Not surprised but so disappointed.  Curious if 2020 age outs will get to perform next year, similar to how NCAA is handling seniors for spring sports that had seasons cancel. 

Edited by chadwick
Typo

Just now, chadwick said:

Not surprised but so disappointed.  Curious if 2020 age outs will get to perform next year, similar to how NCAA is handling seniors for spring sports that had seasons cancel. 

It calls out in the article that 2020 age outs get a bonus year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think EVERYONE currently under contract should get a 1-year extension, as my son is not an age-out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, 27/soa said:

I think EVERYONE currently under contract should get a 1-year extension, as my son is not an age-out. 

I disagree.. I marched a corps that folded but still had eligibility left. I think the sensible thing to do is extend for those contracted ageouts for whom this was it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chadwick said:

Curious if 2020 age outs will get to perform next year

Since this news is literally hot off the press as of this reply, do we know if there's a plan in place for how to handle this next year? Do they only allow age-outs who were already contracted to march in 2020? What if 100+ 22/23 year olds show up to audition for a corps next year? Is that fair for everyone involved? What if they were a bubble age-out or an age-out who was cut but close to a position and had an extra 9 months to practice/get better?  🤔 

Etc. You know where this is going.

Forgive the 20 questions. This is my brain on 2 weeks of isolation with my family and I don't even know what day it is. 😅

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 27/soa said:

The Cavaliers in their statement said that members contracted for 2020 will have their spots guaranteed for 2021, including 2020 age-outs. I imagine they are not the only ones taking this approach.

• Like 2

Sucks but it's the right call.  Already made some donations, even if they were small, to some of the corps I have supported before.  Lots of great leaders out there that I'm sure will get the activity through this, even though it's gonna be hard.  

Here's to 2021.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PepsiTwist said:

Since this news is literally hot off the press as of this reply, do we know if there's a plan in place for how to handle this next year? Do they only allow age-outs who were already contracted to march in 2020? What if 100+ 22/23 year olds show up to audition for a corps next year? Is that fair for everyone involved? What if they were a bubble age-out or an age-out who was cut but close to a position and had an extra 9 months to practice/get better?  🤔 

Etc. You know where this is going.

Forgive the 20 questions. This is my brain on 2 weeks of isolation with my family and I don't even know what day it is. 😅

It’s the day the music died ... at least for 2020.

• Like 2