Member corps vote to cancel 2020 DCI Tour

48 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

Speaking specifically of DCI Inc., not the corps.  

Yep; I'm sure DCI, Inc should already have somebody on the staff researching the proposed grants.  I think as the "mothership" they should be in a good position to qualify. 

Edited by keystone3ply
correction

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Yet DCA will take " Kids ? We always had that, maybe more in the past BITD the top corps took all ages 21 and under, most WC corps today the average age is not the 16 year old. Even WC WGI, if you are under 18 you better be one heck of a performer to get in.

I do not believe DCA corps spend the Summer living together in gyms and buses. Am guessing most parents wouldn't thrilled with under 18 children and those who are out of

college co-habitating

5 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Misread...

lol, i was just thinking about if school gets canceled for the rest of the year up where i am.

i'm pretty sure our state's dept of ed will come up with a way to make sure on-track seniors can still graduate this year. 

but i was just thinking, what if we said "hey, you can just come back next year!" to seniors and "hey, you lucky 9-11 graders, we're adding a year of high school eligibility for all of you, congrats!"

the looks on their faces would be priceless.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lance said:

lol, i was just thinking about if school gets canceled for the rest of the year up where i am.

i'm pretty sure our state's dept of ed will come up with a way to make sure on-track seniors can still graduate this year. 

but i was just thinking, what if we said "hey, you can just come back next year!" to seniors and "hey, you lucky 9-11 graders, we're adding a year of high school eligibility for all of you, congrats!"

the looks on their faces would be priceless.

Ha, we would NOT be pleased. (I am kinda bummed that we may not get to see our daughter walk across the stage.)

36 minutes ago, Algernon said:

I do not believe DCA corps spend the Summer living together in gyms and buses. Am guessing most parents wouldn't thrilled with under 18 children and those who are out of

college co-habitating

they do spend weekends, which is enough. and the majority of DCA membership is DCI eligible age

33 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Been there, done that.  Was criticized left and right from the inside.

yeah but we heard from you

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

True!

My view is, DCA actually CAN do well for several more years as a smaller circuit with less corps. This year, however, will be very tough, even though the Championships are at the end of summer.