Member corps vote to cancel 2020 DCI Tour

10 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Adding one more bus and 50 more performers would result in a net loss of $50-100,000, even after taking into account those members' tour fees.

So no. 😛

What about adding 25 MMs & using a short bus.  The one in the video would be great for some of the rural southern show.  
(Start video @1:30.  Just trying to laugh rather than cry; it's not as messy.)

Goodbye my Love until we meet again. We spent every summer together ever since the day we first met. Now we don't get to meet this summer and it's breaking my heart. I never knew how close we've become until this very day. Take my love with you as your's with me. Reminiscent on the summers we've spend so closely knitted, touring through the hot, sizzling sun. With our eyes and hears fielding fields with visual lust, filled the air with musical cheers of our passion endearing to hear. You sang to me and i to you, with only the music our hearts shares. Beating our beats as we percussion together, conceiving babies on blissful joys of conceptual thunderous cheers. Today we separate, but only for a moment, only for one short year. I miss you my love, and nothing can stand between us forever. See you again on our next summer, when we shall surely meet again. Hopes To us My Love.

4 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Goodbye my Love until we meet again. We spent every summer together ever since the day we first met. Now we don't get to meet this summer and it's breaking my heart. I never knew how close we've become until this very day. Take my love with you as your's with me. Reminiscent on the summers we've spend so closely knitted, touring through the hot, sizzling sun. With our eyes and hears fielding fields with visual lust, filled the air with musical cheers of our passion endearing to hear. You sang to me and i to you, with only the music our hearts shares. Beating our beats as we percussion together, conceiving babies on blissful joys of conceptual thunderous cheers. Today we separate, but only for a moment, only for one short year. I miss you my love, and nothing can stand between us forever. See you again on our next summer, when we shall surely meet again. Hopes To us My Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5C4meGkNyc

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Irony alert as dvr’ed Dr Strangelove last night and only partway thru. Will be hearing that song later... 😆

• Haha 2

Some folks petitioning DCI to extend age out year to all contracted this year.

On Change.org you can find it by searching DCI or link below.

http://chng.it/tw2YN8xVYD

https://www.change.org/p/drum-corps-international-allow-contracted-all-2020-dci-members-an-extra-year

Edited by IndigoDemonFan
Add 2nd link

35 minutes ago, IndigoDemonFan said:

https://www.change.org/p/drum-corps-international-allow-contracted-all-2020-dci-members-an-extra-year

It’s already been done and it was announced in the statement regarding cancellation of the season. DCI does not need petitions of this sort since they already made the correct move. They also don’t need clutter when they are facing such shortfalls and the reality of laying off some good and dedicated folks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Tim K said:

It’s already been done and it was announced in the statement regarding cancellation of the season. DCI does not need petitions of this sort since they already made the correct move. They also don’t need clutter when they are facing such shortfalls and the reality of laying off some good and dedicated folks. 

Reading is hard.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Some are just always carrying a can of gas and looking for a fire.

God, I do hate the whole petition mentality.

I wonder how many of these petitioners have paid dues, make contributions, or contributed hours.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, garfield said:

Some are just always carrying a can of gas and looking for a fire.

God, I do hate the whole petition mentality.

I wonder how many of these petitioners have paid dues, make contributions, or contributed hours.

Petitions are a way for the current generation to be heard.  They are passionate & tired of people putting them down for their efforts to work hard.  Drum Corps Members of today are incredibly hard working.  What is asked of them both on and off the field is intense & requires skills that far exceed just an ability to play & move.  These petitions were met with such blatant disrespect in some groups online that they were removed.  Yet this is merely an intent by members to be heart, peacefully, & shows how much this activity means to them.  Please stop putting them down for their dedication to the activity.

...and yes, many have already paid their dues in full, purchased airfare, & contributed many hours to these groups.  Have you?

30 minutes ago, Tim K said:

You are incorrect.  The age-out has been extended for those who would have aged out in 2020.  However, this petition covers ALL currently contracted members as 2021 will see the largest age-out group and all currently contracted members will be impacted & have lost a year. 

1 hour ago, IndigoDemonFan said:

This is just a bad idea.