YOUR CORPS NEEDS YOU - NOW

Thank you, John!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

As soon as tickets are refunded a payment goes out 

I know that theaters and other performing arts companies across the country who have had to cancel a show or a season are calling every one of their patrons and asking them if they will (1) consider donating the previously purchased ticket to the company or (2) consider applying the cost to a future season before offering a refund.

What theaters find is that about 75% of subscribers (people who have paid for a full season, the last part of which has been cancelled) take one of those two options, but very few people who have purchased tickets for just one show do so.

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I'm challenging every DCP member to post your support here.

My pledge:

I will give every dollar of my refunded Friends membership, plus my refunded finals week ticket costs, directly back to the corps.  Approximately $4,400.

Further, I will pledge immediately up to $2,600 additional contributions to individual corps.

Total $7,000 because I LOVE this activity and what it does for young musicians.

I'm also thankful to John Donovan and all the mods for giving us this sandbox in which we can stay connected to it.

I applaud your generosity. In my own case, I will have to calculate what I typically spend on drum corps in a season -- and what percentage I can safely afford to donate given the current economic conditions (and working for a company that's already had to lay off a large percentage of its workforce because of the crisis).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I know that theaters and other performing arts companies across the country who have had to cancel a show or a season are calling every one of their patrons and asking them if they will (1) consider donating the previously purchased ticket to the company or (2) consider applying the cost to a future season before offering a refund.

What theaters find is that about 75% of subscribers (people who have paid for a full season, the last part of which has been cancelled) take one of those two options, but very few people who have purchased tickets for just one show do so.

I’ll roll my Indy tickets over to 2021 if it’s allowed.   

• Like 1

I agree the corps need our support, and there are corps I support and will continue to support. Right now the corps have a great deal on their plates, but when the dust settles, corps need to explain why they need donations when they are not fielding a corps in 2020. There are a number of legitimate costs to keeping a corps alive at a time like this, but people do not necessarily know these costs. Keep something Else in mind too. For many of us, this is the biggest news of the day, but as I am writing this post, the number of unemployment claims is the highest it has been since 1982 which is the biggest item in the news. People may not have as much to give next year, and lots of charitable causes will be asking for donations, so corps need to spell out exact expenses.