What of the Kids Who Would Have Aged out in 2020?

While I haven't completely thought this through, I don't think there is a lot of harm done if they get grandfathered in for the 2021 season. If they choose to compete for a spot and can make the cut, I think they should be able to march as if they were one year younger. Just for the 2021 season and to accommodate the unusual circumstances. 

What say you?

4 minutes ago, GlenI said:

While I haven't completely thought this through, I don't think there is a lot of harm done if they get grandfathered in for the 2021 season. If they choose to compete for a spot and can make the cut, I think they should be able to march as if they were one year younger. Just for the 2021 season and to accommodate the unusual circumstances. 

What say you?

Rumor has it that is what they will do

I think some details need to be worked out. 

Is ANY 22-yr old allowed to march next season?  Or only ones who had a contract for 2020? 

What about guard members who would have aged out this summer, but didn't have a contract because most guards are not set until sometime after WGI?

They've got some time to work this out.

10 minutes ago, GlenI said:

What say you?

It says in the announcement that age-outs will be allowed one more year.

36 minutes ago, garfield said:

It says in the announcement that age-outs will be allowed one more year.

Nice. It will be interesting to see how they work out the guard positions from this year. 

I do think it is important that age outs have one more year in 2021. There should be  stipulations.  An age out either has to have had a contract prior to today, or marched in 2019. 

In reality, many age outs may not be able to march next year, especially if they have graduated from college. Hopefully they will be in the working world and chances are their employers will not give them a 3-4 month leave. There is also a negative possibility. If the economy does not rebound fast enough, they may not be employed but would not be able to afford it.