Carolina Crown 2021

Will put it to you this way, had Crown been able to perform their 2020 book, I think the drum corps world would have looked at them a bit differently. It would have been a very engaging show with a lot of crowd interaction, very modern musical choices, and I think the music would have created an amazing canvas for what could have been done visually. The percussion opportunities would have been like nothing they have done before, with a lot of syncopated rhythms. It would have been Crown sticking to its roots of reinventing itself again, and I really believe the crowd would have loved it. Hopefully the idea has just been placed on hold. Think George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic - but more modern. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 7

On 12/22/2020 at 7:07 PM, Newseditor44 said:

Will put it to you this way, had Crown been able to perform their 2020 book, I think the drum corps world would have looked at them a bit differently. It would have been a very engaging show with a lot of crowd interaction, very modern musical choices, and I think the music would have created an amazing canvas for what could have been done visually. The percussion opportunities would have been like nothing they have done before, with a lot of syncopated rhythms. It would have been Crown sticking to its roots of reinventing itself again, and I really believe the crowd would have loved it. Hopefully the idea has just been placed on hold. Think George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic - but more modern. 

Just adding on my huge YES to hoping the 2020 show re-emerges.   It would have been Crown creating a new version of itself (again!).  

If the 2020 show is going to re-emerge, I think I’d rather it be in 2022 when it can receive the proper attention/appreciation it deserves. I would hate to see any corps waste a great show on a watered down season. I expect DCI 2021 to look a lot like UIL Texas did this year. Shorter shows. Shows that are mostly entertaining but clearly not as complex. 

50763908071_816cf15d09_c.jpgBeats the bag-o-switches and spoiled orange the bag man usually dumps off @ Christmas.

Only hope there’s a NightBEAT to drive it to before they yank my keys.

• Like 4

On 12/21/2020 at 10:47 AM, ndrudy2013 said:

I never noticed the guy's snare drum falling off at the very end of the 2019 show

It was 2014