Carolina Crown 2021

On 6/9/2021 at 8:33 PM, TigerBaritone19 said:

Will you let us know what their policies are regarding people going to watch? I want to go sometime next week. Thanks!

For rehearsals in the stadium, you can enter the gate near the parking lot at the stadium.  You can sit in the upper section on either end but not in the center.  There are signs.   Maintain your distance from corps members / leaders.  If you’re hoping to check out some sectional work outdoors, just maintain your distance - maybe 50’ or more?

To anyone who has been to a rehearsal, anything you can share without giving away too much?  I am excited about the show this year and I anticipate the guard is on a much better footing than in the most recent years.  

29 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

To anyone who has been to a rehearsal, anything you can share without giving away too much?  I am excited about the show this year and I anticipate the guard is on a much better footing than in the most recent years.  

I'm not really understand what they are doing this year? As far as I know they won't be participating in any DCI events. Am I wrong?

47 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I'm not really understand what they are doing this year? As far as I know they won't be participating in any DCI events. Am I wrong?

Their performance at home is suppose to be shown in Indy during the "celebration event". So even though they won't be there live, they will have a presence there. 

57 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Crown is putting together their show “In My Mind” which will be recorded by a professional filming crew.  It’s my understanding that they will be recording more than just the show- maybe some sectionals, member interviews, not sure really.  That recording will be available to purchase.  They are also having a live show at Gardner Webb University on July 10th for which you can buy tickets and a earlier poster on this thread posted the link for tickets.  I understand the live show will last about two hours so it will be more than just a performance of the show.  I think they also plan to make the show available for streaming.  I haven’t seen any pricing or sale on that yet. Again, not sure all that will entail.  Some portion of the recording will be played at Indy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

Crown is putting together their show “In My Mind” which will be recorded by a professional filming crew.  It’s my understanding that they will be recording more than just the show- maybe some sectionals, member interviews, not sure really.  That recording will be available to purchase.  They are also having a live show at Gardner Webb University on July 10th for which you can buy tickets and a earlier poster on this thread posted the link for tickets.  I understand the live show will last about two hours so it will be more than just a performance of the show.  I think they also plan to make the show available for streaming.  I haven’t seen any pricing or sale on that yet. Again, not sure all that will entail.  Some portion of the recording will be played at Indy.

Nice!

Unencumbered by judicial influence, I like my chances of being entertained.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

So cool. If it's like BD's 360 videos I'm game for this. Go Crown!!!