Carolina Crown 2021

8 hours ago, drumcorpspluto said:

I just published a bunch of videos of the 2021 Crown Brass on FloMarching, here's a link if you're interested. There's about an hour total of video of going through breathing, buzzing, slurs and articulation, and working some Toccata from the show book.

No subscription required. Recorded last Thursday, June 10th.

That Harloff guy is kind of good at what he does….

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, drumcorpspluto said:

I just published a bunch of videos of the 2021 Crown Brass on FloMarching, here's a link if you're interested. There's about an hour total of video of going through breathing, buzzing, slurs and articulation, and working some Toccata from the show book.

No subscription required. Recorded last Thursday, June 10th.

Thank you for this link.  The top of the page of this link mentioned battery rehearsals as well.  Do you happen to know if those haven’t yet posted or if you have to have a a subscription to see?

Just attended a rehearsal. A few quick takeaways.

1. Brass is still sounds like what you’d expect from Crown. 

2. CC’s best usage of props in a long time (maybe ever) IMO. They take up minimal space and don’t distract from the show.

3. Probably not a show Crown would’ve done during a normal competitive year and that’s not a bad thing, IMO. I enjoyed the chunk of the show they have on the field so far.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

That Harloff guy is kind of good at what he does….

"Don't be a wimp there."

"Stop being so nice."

How can you not love this guy!!!

:babies:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

3. Probably not a show Crown would’ve done during a normal competitive year and that’s not a bad thing, IMO. I enjoyed the chunk of the show they have on the field so far.  

I'm perfectly okay with this. They aren't competing and I wouldn't expect them to pull out all the stops of a competitive season without the competitive aspect. I can't wait to see it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm perfectly okay with this. They aren't competing and I wouldn't expect them to pull out all the stops of a competitive season without the competitive aspect. I can't wait to see it!

Don’t get me wrong though, this show definitely has substance to it. It doesn’t have the look or feel of a bunch of encore tunes jammed together. No one is taking this year “off”. 

3 hours ago, crownisking said:

Don’t get me wrong though, this show definitely has substance to it. It doesn’t have the look or feel of a bunch of encore tunes jammed together. No one is taking this year “off”. 

No no, that's not what I was saying. I don't expect them to spend tens of thousands on big prop/design. I didn't suspect that they would be taking the year off by any means, just not throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the show this year. Cue Velvet Knights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1