Carolina Crown 2021

The more I think about it…I’m curious as to how this show would’ve fared competitively. This feels like the most cohesive design since 2016, IMO. 

Am I the only one that sees some irony in the fact that Crown’s best show in recent years comes the one year they aren’t worried about a score sheet?

7 hours ago, crownisking said:

The more I think about it…I’m curious as to how this show would’ve fared competitively. This feels like the most cohesive design since 2016, IMO. 

Am I the only one that sees some irony in the fact that Crown’s best show in recent years comes the one year they aren’t worried about a score sheet?

I think thats the key. They're trying to hard as of recent. If they'd stop worrying about the score sheet I think they would fare much better competitively. When they worried about entertainment value you placed better. It's time to go back to the basics.

• Like 3

Re: Props -- from Flo Marching -- one of the hosts for the show mentioned that all Crown alumni have their names and the shows they marched written somewhere on one of the props. Interesting and cool!

• Like 1

Crown wearing the 2019 uniforms for this show and the (185) members can take them home.

• Like 3

I would like to hear everyone's reaction to Crown's performance tonight.  I was there in person and it was truly special.

Tonight felt so good. It felt good to hear the cheering again and you could tell the members were feeding off of it. I thought everything was put on without a hitch and I really enjoyed my time at Gardner Webb tonight and seeing live drum corps again. Here's to Crown 2022!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I would like to hear everyone's reaction to Crown's performance tonight.  I was there in person and it was truly special.

The performance was outstanding.  Their performance level was exceptional for a corps just finishing week 5 of being together with no in person weekend camps.  They were basically a mid June corps performing at a mid July level.  Looking forward to a full continuous show and an return to touring next season!

• Like 3