Carolina Crown 2021

Well one thing hasn’t changed for 2021. Have people analyzing the crap out of shows that aren’t even being judged. Guess I’m wrong for just bleeping glad anything is being put on the field after last year. And REALLY glad the corps made it through the Covid and 2020 buzzsaw and still exist.

Couple more days until DCA shows whatever the heck they are planning. And few more weeks whatever the heck DCI is planning.

just watched a flo vid of crown brass tuning, and i can't believe how happy it made me. first live dci i've seen/heard in almost 2 years.  so amazing. harloff's writing is terrific, too. 

Edited by Lance
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well one thing hasn’t changed for 2021. Have people analyzing the crap out of shows that aren’t even being judged. Guess I’m wrong for just bleeping glad anything is being put on the field after last year. And REALLY glad the corps made it through the Covid and 2020 buzzsaw and still exist.

Couple more days until DCA shows whatever the heck they are planning. And few more weeks whatever the heck DCI is planning.

I heard it’s show videos from their respective locations.  I’d hire a videographer if I had  the dough and have the best production values I could with my group.  That’s going to make a big difference when videos are being judged virtually. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I heard it’s show videos from their respective locations.  I’d hire a videographer if I had  the dough and have the best production values I could with my group.  That’s going to make a big difference when videos are being judged virtually. 

That’s what I am getting from the release too. Figures old car club has a meet at an amusement park about 90 minutes away that day. Going to be watching the clock so don’t leave too late. Especially as not sure I can use the internet ready tv to connect straight to Box5 or use laptop and hardwire. Have run into problems using the tv when using logon screens.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

DCA? Whatever the heck. 

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Did you forget 2021 is exhibition only! In more simple words, an exhibition is simply a collection of things for display, and in that regard the  Crownies put on a nice display.

So just because my expectations were higher is really meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Just like exhibitions are. 

I don't see whats meaningless about performing for all your friends and family, but to each their own I guess.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Swamptihs said:

Crowns Uniform looks like a hippy's pajamas IMHO.

I always think of rain coats when I see them. The portable ones you can fold and put in a pouch in case it rains at the zoo or something.

Edited by Brass Lover
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

Pretty sure CC brass is written by Michael Klesch, not Harloff.

Maybe the show music, but I think Harloff does the tuning exercises.