Carolina Crown 2021

32 minutes ago, Lance said:

Nobody would be "touchy" if it were acomment about a show during a competition year. 

This year is about survival for these corps. 

Right now is about survival for these corps. 

It's amazing that we're getting to see or hear anything, and decent humans are celebrating it. 

Making a comment like that , about any corps' show this year is tone deaf.  Pathological, really. 

Pathological Nobody. Corps amazing survival. 

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You were fine until you took that turn and bagged on Boston.  Which kind of makes you guilty of to which you were referring. 

Not really bagging on Boston. I am sure what they will do with them will be cool and I will enjoy it. All I was saying is that it seemed like a lot of money for a year where there will be no medals handed out, no matter how Boston themselves view this season. They can do whatever they want lol, it was just my opinion. I was simply making a comparison to what Crown did and what another corps was doing. What I thought was an innocent way of saying that Crown did well for 4 weeks of work and did not need to do anything special when returning to the field after a year off because of a pandemic was somehow triggering to some. Anyone else who took offense to this comment can see why Crown fans get worked up sometimes when they come to the Crown thread and make the same kind of comments that I made about another corps. This is the Crown thread with Crown fans who should be able to defend their favorite corps, albeit in a friendly manner. I will end by saying, again, that I am just glad that DCI is back and we can watch and, which is always the case for me, enjoy.

P.S. I know I quoted you, but it was the shorter comment from earlier lol. Not trying to start anything with anyone in particular. Just some clarification

Edited by TigerBaritone19
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lance said:

Nobody would be "touchy" if it were acomment about a show during a competition year. 

It's amazing that we're getting to see or hear anything, and decent humans are celebrating it. 

Making a comment like that , about any corps' show this year is tone deaf.  Pathological, really. 

I really don't know this poppycock poster from a hole in the wall. I reread his comment above on Crown 2021 performance, and it seemed rather mild to me frankly. You caste it as " indecent ".. tone deaf "... and " pathological really ". Maybe there is some history here I'm unaware of between you and him.  if so, that might explain for me your casting his comment on Crown's 2021  as " nothing ground breaking "  as an observation by him you caste now as " indecent, tone deaf, and pathological ".  Maybe the two of you have an antipathy toward one another that explains your reaction here. I just didn't see what he posted as in the realm of " pathological "...But, ok, who really knows. Crown's show performance was very good I thought. Loved the ballad in particular.

29 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Not really bagging on Boston. I am sure what they will do with them will be cool and I will enjoy it. All I was saying is that it seemed like a lot of money for a year where there will be no medals handed out, no matter how Boston themselves view this season. They can do whatever they want lol, it was just my opinion. I was simply making a comparison to what Crown did and what another corps was doing. What I thought was an innocent way of saying that Crown did well for 4 weeks of work and did not need to do anything special when returning to the field after a year off because of a pandemic was somehow triggering to some. Anyone else who took offense to this comment can see why Crown fans get worked up sometimes when they come to the Crown thread and make the same kind of comments that I made about another corps. This is the Crown thread with Crown fans who should be able to defend their favorite corps, albeit in a friendly manner. I will end by saying, again, that I am just glad that DCI is back and we can watch and, which is always the case for me, enjoy.

P.S. I know I quoted you, but it was the shorter comment from earlier lol. Not trying to start anything with anyone in particular. Just some clarification

No worries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WilsonStaff said:

Stick to DCA on those deep thoughts. Sign up for what you feel. Me and my partner just planned a road trip. 

Deep Thought… the answer is 42?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lance said:

Nobody would be "touchy" if it were a comment about a show during a competition year. 

We bow before your infinite wisdom, oh great Lance Formerly-The-Greatest-Mod-On-DCP.  

seriously ...well said. 

I thought Crown's show was amazing.  I also thought Poppy's comment was fine, not the least bit offensive.  He's right, the show wasn't ground breaking, but it wasn't supposed to be.  It was a a wonderful show for friends, family, alumni and anyone else that wanted to watch.  I thought it was entertaining, uplifting and it made me smile.   Also, the level of performance was awesome for such a short time spent learning it.  

5 hours ago, Lance said:

I was actually wondering about that. 

On the video I watched (tuning) it said that the music was by Harloff. 

And then I noticed they played the same piece in their actual show.

I'm a mega Klesch fan, and if it's by him, great.  If it's by Harloff, also great!  Crown is in great hands musically for decades, IMO. 

From what I've observed of the lot warmups, they'll go through a tuning sequence and at the end they'll usually launch into some power chords from the show music. So I guess it's a bit of both. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

From what I've observed of the lot warmups, they'll go through a tuning sequence and at the end they'll usually launch into some power chords from the show music. So I guess it's a bit of both. 

that makes sense, thanks.