Carolina Crown 2021

17 hours ago, crownisking said:

It’s interesting you mention that because I’ve noticed a few programs in the DFW area doing digitally printed tops every year as well. Flower Mound HS immediately comes to mind. They have a set of traditional uniforms for football games and a custom top and shako cover to go over their white bibbers for competitions. I always wondered how schools could afford to purchase new tops every year. I’m glad it’s affordable enough for even the smaller programs to do it. 

This is interesting.  Back in the heyday of my high school band, we had a booster club that ran a variety show every year to raise money.  That money filled in the gaps for travel, equipment and uniforms.  The football program had a similar booster club, but they money they donated, raised and spent dwarfed what the band did.

Edited by Tenoris4Jazz

18 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

This is interesting.  Back in the heyday of my high school band, we had a booster club that ran a variety show every year to raise money.  That money filled in the gaps for travel, equipment and uniforms.  The football program had a similar booster club, but they money they donated, raised and spent dwarfed what the band did.

And now the money that high school bands raise and spend significantly dwarfs what high school football teams raise and spend. Unless you're in Texas. Lol. I know personally my program spends anywhere between $150,000 to $200,000 annually. We hit $220,000 one year and we thought we were going to die. It's the price of being competitive with the ability to win these days. A lot of that is spent on staff.

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

And now the money that high school bands raise and spend significantly dwarfs what high school football teams raise and spend. Unless you're in Texas. Lol. I know personally my program spends anywhere between $150,000 to $200,000 annually. We hit $220,000 one year and we thought we were going to die. It's the price of being competitive with the ability to win these days. A lot of that is spent on staff.

Interestingly, when daughter was in HS band the Booster Club helped run the local bingo hall.  They had over $100k in the bank.  Matched brass, big pit, 2 equipment trucks, & travelled in motor coaches.

IDK how much $ the athletic supporters (:whistle:) had in their account. But they weren't involved with the bingo operation.

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Interestingly, when daughter was in HS band the Booster Club helped run the local bingo hall.  They had over $100k in the bank.  Matched brass, big pit, 2 equipment trucks, & travelled in motor coaches.

IDK how much $ the athletic supporters (:whistle:) had in their account. But they weren't involved with the bingo operation.

Our bingo hall was at the local Elks Lodge, which burned down last week, so I'm not sure how that's going to go now. We do a mattress sale every spring and it's generally our biggest fundraiser. We have a Booster organization, but they're no longer allowed to handle money. Long story, doesn't involve any of the boosters, surprisingly. When the IRS shows up asking the school board to look at the books, it's never a good thing. It only takes one person to screw everything up. 

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

I don't know about your area, but around metro Atlanta, football is still king.  A UGA professor figured the average high school with a roster of 80 players spends $80,000 a year just on uniforms.

1 minute ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

I don't know about your area, but around metro Atlanta, football is still king.  A UGA professor figured the average high school with a roster of 80 players spends $80,000 a year just on uniforms.

Not in my area. We don't have 80 players on a football team around here. Our largest school in the state is just over 2,000 students. We only have I believe 3 schools that compete in 3A at BOA, no 4A groups, which should kind of put our numbers into perspective. The most successful football team in the state at the high school level only has around 40 to 50 kids a year. 

2 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Not in my area. We don't have 80 players on a football team around here. Our largest school in the state is just over 2,000 students. We only have I believe 3 schools that compete in 3A at BOA, no 4A groups, which should kind of put our numbers into perspective. The most successful football team in the state at the high school level only has around 40 to 50 kids a year. 

Yeah, different story here.  GA is 2nd in the nation in average kids per school at all levels.  We have 23 high schools with enrollments over 2500 and 7 over 3000.

20 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Yeah, different story here.  GA is 2nd in the nation in average kids per school at all levels.  We have 23 high schools with enrollments over 2500 and 7 over 3000.

Our largest school in KY is right at 2,500 as of 2019, but they don't compete in marching band. The next largest is 2185 as of 2019 and they do compete. Much different story. Lol.