Financial Impact of a Lost Season

3 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

After being ‘anonymously’ tipped-off about the cancellation of the 2020 tour, The Allentown Morning Call today includes a lengthy article about the loss of revenue to the area. I can’t provide a direct link at this moment. Someone else please do.

I can say, the total tourism income loss here will be much greater than the new Tourism Bureau director states. 

https://www.mcall.com/coronavirus/mc-nws-coronavirus-drum-bugle-20200327-r5a3fid3ojgyzhcxw4upywli4i-story.html

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

EUOI4vPXgAE3Pxn?format=jpg&name=small

Something I learned today: apparently those round things on the poles in the background on the right are "breaking wheels", which were used both to beat the condemned to death and as a variation on crucifixion.

38 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Something I learned today: apparently those round things on the poles in the background on the right are "breaking wheels", which were used both to beat the condemned to death and as a variation on crucifixion.

20 minutes ago, garfield said:

Man is an unbelievably cruel beast.

Could they be used for you know who?  I know, innocent until proven...:giljotiini:

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

Yes! I remember that! You are correct.

sometimes common sense gets lost on here

On 3/27/2020 at 8:53 AM, garfield said:

Yes, definitely, corps are educational entities!

Income from loans can tide over the cash flow against KNOWN and DEFINITIVE income expected.  They cannot, and should not, be used with a plan for repayment based solely on hope.

They are not viewed as educational for the purposes of this bill. The purposes are to support the significant disruption to public education. Corps would be view through the non-profit lens (arts and/or education) but this is outside of the core purpose of the funding.