Financial Impact of a Lost Season

Have faith, Mods! 

We'll drag this puppy back on track, promise!  We just need a few more reply posts to clear the air and card table, then we'll deal a new hand.

The financial impact is important even if some of our dumb posts aren't as much.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Seeing cases in the Philippines but didn’t dig deep enough to know the origin. 

I didn’t say - drop to zero, rather, that transmission rates should drop. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Are not droplets sneezed or coughed airborne? That is the part of “airborne” I am discussing

That does not make it an airborne transmission.  That is a person to person transmission.

You were wrong. 

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Nothing. Look to the great derailer to see how it started going awry. 

The one who posted a picture of skulls and then quoted himself to say “speaking of skulls...” in a thread about the financial impact of drum corps?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

Maybe I didn't see the reference or I'm just overwhelmed that another thread will be closed very soon.

Did he mention her specifically?

Yes, in order to not add to the shut-down count of posts, please go back to my post as see the third quote I referenced.

Then, let's talk about the financial impact on DCI of shutting down the economy and the season.

Financial impact is unknown I guess. We are all assuming that since most corps live hand-to-mouth that many might go under. Hope not. Also I hope we can put some more meat on this bone and get a better understanding of the financial situation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

The one who posted a picture of skulls and then quoted himself to say “speaking of skulls...” in a thread about the financial impact of drum corps?

You win the prize. 

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Have faith, Mods! 

We'll drag this puppy back on track, promise!  We just need a few more reply posts to clear the air and card table, then we'll deal a new hand.

The financial impact is important even if some of our dumb posts aren't as much.

I’ll try Mr Weatherbee... 

Yeah it’s Sunday morning and cabin fever really kicking in. Time to count food and see when I have to gather up my colorox wipes and make another outside world food run. Not driving hardly and bass below $2 some spots

on topic: I’m thinking lack of money will hit corps at different times depending on contracts, circumstances and depth of pockets... good or bad idea?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

That does not make it an airborne transmission.  That is a person to person transmission.

You were wrong. 

Wow hope that made your day....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I didn’t say - drop to zero, rather, that transmission rates should drop. 

Is there a drum corps in the Philippines?  Now, that there is some long-distance commuting to do the tour! 

I suspect the financial impact on corps members from the Philippines will make it VERY difficult for MM's to make camps in the US in 2021.  The long-term impact of a global economic shutdown is likely much greater in developing countries where it will take longer to recover.