Financial Impact of a Lost Season

30 minutes ago, garfield said:

Which means that, at best, drum corps can only take about 10 MM's per bus, so they'll have to rent 25 buses to carry the whole corps.

The financial impact of airborne transmission across small distances is very high and makes the season all but unworkable.

Good call, DCI?

Excellent redirect, counselor 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

I'm sure you feel attacked now.

Ok let’s clear the air for the good of the thread. I disagree with CDC definition of airborne. Feel droplets that can be passed by sneezing, etc should be classified airborne and personal (or what ever the term was). That is my OPINION on the definition. Irony with me disagreeing with a govt agency is I worked for another one. And disagreed with it at times too.

my last response was not made in anger but laughter... thought it funny you felt the need to throw “you were wrong” in it. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Not according to every non-profit business publication that I have received over the last few days.  All NPOs are eligible for 7a SBA loans, with potential forgiveness.  They are also eligible for the $10k quick advance EIDL, which is Section 1110.

I did not say non-profits would not benefit. I said they would not benefit from the portion of the bill directed toward EDUCATION. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok let’s clear the air for the good of the thread. I disagree with CDC definition of airborne. Feel droplets that can be passed by sneezing, etc should be classified airborne and personal (or what ever the term was). That is my OPINION on the definition. Irony with me disagreeing with a govt agency is I worked for another one. And disagreed with it at times too.

my last response was not made in anger but laughter... thought it funny you felt the need to throw “you were wrong” in it. 

ee0f7cf745aea722029abf420a79f868.png

• Haha 3

Correction, good job on bringing back on track.  Some friends have  received stay-cations. 

Edited by Toby

When do overseas corps usually commit to DCI finals or announce they wish to come?  And anyone know if non US or Canadian (Canuckian 😈) residents were going to join DCI corps this year?

I don't know if it's been discussed, but what impact would this have on uniform companies like Miller, Stanbury and others?

WGI, DCI and Fall Band circuits give them a tremendous amount of business.  WGI finals was cancelled after the season begin, but with DCI being cancelled in March ahead of uniform deliveries, would the impact be significant?

Maybe not so much if Fall Band is allowed to continue?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, year1buick said:

The US averages about 10,000 drunk driving deaths per year. How is that “about the same?” And when was the last time we had hospitals over capacity because of drunk driving accidents? Have drunk driving accidents been doubling every three days?

Not now because the availability of alcohol is reduced in many places