Financial Impact of a Lost Season

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

What does any of this have to do with the thread topic?  

Because despite numerous warnings and closed threads, so called medical and political experts can’t stop themselves 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Yes, as I tried, let's talk about the financial impact of C-19.

Shutting down the economy completely will hurt people financially and will likely have a negative influence on their decision to make a financial contribution to drum corps.

Right at the time the activity needs them the most, let's hope fans can step up and fill the financial void when the activity calls on them.

Exactly. This will get worse in many ways before it gets better. Sadly patience isn’t always valued 

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Which means that, at best, drum corps can only take about 10 MM's per bus, so they'll have to rent 25 buses to carry the whole corps.

The financial impact of airborne transmission across small distances is very high and makes the season all but unworkable.

Good call, DCI?

Speaking of which, I would think the financial impact to drum corps depends on when people can come within six feet of each other again.  This extends beyond merely audiences, but to auditions/camps and many fundraising activities (i.e. bingo).  

So when will that be?  Must we wait in our caves until a vaccine is widely deployed, or do we come out sooner?  How many of us, and how much sooner?

Will it vary with location?  Will corps in hotspots be sitting out longer?  Will the 2021 tour have to avoid hotspots?

Will it vary with age and/or risk factors?  Will corps and camps resume, but without some of the elder or at-risk people who volunteer or buy tickets?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwoValves said:

I'm sure you feel attacked now.

No but I’m sure you feel super powers kicking in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I don't know if it's been discussed, but what impact would this have on uniform companies like Miller, Stanbury and others?

WGI, DCI and Fall Band circuits give them a tremendous amount of business.  WGI finals was cancelled after the season begin, but with DCI being cancelled in March ahead of uniform deliveries, would the impact be significant?

Maybe not so much if Fall Band is allowed to continue?

Several have started making supplies for medical providers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

Just checking-in to see if I’m clean.   🤗

Did you bathe today?

• Haha 1

I hated to hear that the virus has affected dci this season. I hope all can recover! However, I view dci as this, an rv to the automobile category is a luxury item...hard to justify buying this (rv) in distress times....as for funding during this bail out from the government, I hope they don't look at drum corp as just a luxury in trying to justify getting funds for educational purposes!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Not now because the availability of alcohol is reduced in many places 

And people are staying off the roads... for the most part.

40 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Yes, fellow traveler.

You’re clean