Concord Blue Devils 2021

17 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Not that I don't like Concord, I do, but I hope Santa Clara beats them at finals in 2021 (assuming it takes place).

I Agree. It's kind of a Love/Hate relationship with BD. On one hand, they do everything consistantly better than every other corps, on the other hand, I do get tired of constantly seeing them in 1st.

I said in another post Blue Devils and Santa Clara are like Brother/Sister corps because they do everything similar, they share expenses and staff to sponsor DCI West, and they attend each other's functions, BBQ's, etc.

I like Santa Clara and before SCV started do the "weird" stuff I actually like their music shows better. Their brass has always had that choir like sound going back to when Gail Royer was at the helm. As I said Blue Devils are consistent and I characterize Santa Clara as inconsistent and that would explain why in DCI's history, Santa Clara  been a solid fourth place.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 11:41 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Those are stupid rules. It counts as a three-peat if it occurs in three competitive years. 

Don't shoot the messenger, I didn't write the rules, but rules are rules. Sorry!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I think it would be important to know that whether it happens or not, like it or not, BD has earned the right to talk three peat anytime they want. 

Actually, freedom of speech is considered an inalienable right and guaranteed by the Constitution.  Accordingly, fans of all corps are free to talk about three peats.  

50 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Actually, freedom of speech is considered an inalienable right and guaranteed by the Constitution.  Accordingly, fans of all corps are free to talk about three peats.  

I agree. Any fanbase can talk three peat or winning championships any year. I am a die hard 49ers fan. We can go 1-15 and if you ask me, we are winning the super bowl the following season lol. I think we are winning the super bowl this season coming up (if there is a season) So I am with you there. Good point. 

1 hour ago, dbc03 said:

Don't shoot the messenger, I didn't write the rules, but rules are rules. Sorry!

So to ensure i understand you correctly (dont want to assume), let's say for the sake of this argument that the Olympics are just canceled. No Olympics till 2024. Then in 2024 the German womens soccer team wins the Gold medal just like they did in 2016. Am I correct in saying you would not count the German womens soccer team as back to back gold medalist cause 2020 was canceled? 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 8:31 PM, dbc03 said:

Only counts as a three-peat if it occurs in three consecutive calendar years. Sorry those are the rules

Nope....you can't count a season that doesn't happen.

If you're claiming rules....QUOTE the rules.

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2020 at 11:41 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Those are stupid rules. It counts as a three-peat if it occurs in three competitive years. 

I don't know the rules for the olympics.

5 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Nope....you can't count a season that doesn't happen.

If you're claiming rules....QUOTE the rules.

It's in the drum corps rules, look it up

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dbc03 said:

😛🔫 i'm actually willing to do that. Lol

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Haha 2

In my opinion. 2020 season don't exist, so if BD should win 2021 i count that as a back to back which means by 2022 if they should win, would considered to be a three peat. 

2020 is non existence season, no competition, which means the competition continues from 2019 to 2021. Still would be a back to back in my logics and understanding.