Boston Crusaders 2021

6 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

That’s a strong accusation there!  

You spent time with the corps in the 80's then you know that the phone call to the back of the bus was selective for the rookies. 

This years show is really good. At first I was not into the screens but I like the use of them now. Good job by the kids and young adults in the corps. Really great show. 

Edited by WilsonStaff

1 minute ago, WilsonStaff said:

You spent time with the corps in the 80's then you know that the phone call to the back of the bus was selective for the rookies. 

Well it wasn’t just rookies and you are talking times where members today could be children of members in the 80’s.  Those days are happily long long gone.  So thanks for bringing it up.

Just now, LabMaster said:

Well it wasn’t just rookies and you are talking times where members today could be children of members in the 80’s.  Those days are happily long long gone.  So thanks for bringing it up.

That's just it isn't it labmaster, some of the parents of today's members probably and in many cases that I know of never received a phone call. Depended on who you were and where you were from. Now does it really matter? Well to the ones who got that call it does. I can tell you first hand it does. The Corps is doing great now. Just too bad that some in current power are hypocritical when it comes to these issues. 

This corps is great and I hope they medal soon and win it all. This years corps has a ton to be proud of. Keep building. 

1 minute ago, WilsonStaff said:

That's just it isn't it labmaster, some of the parents of today's members probably and in many cases that I know of never received a phone call. Depended on who you were and where you were from. Now does it really matter? Well to the ones who got that call it does. I can tell you first hand it does. The Corps is doing great now. Just too bad that some in current power are hypocritical when it comes to these issues. 

This corps is great and I hope they medal soon and win it all. This years corps has a ton to be proud of. Keep building. 

That wasn’t exclusive to Boston.  The stuff that I saw when I was marching would not fly now.  Catch the coops, creepers, buck buck…. Forget about it.   Totally different head back then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They were lots of behaviors 40 and 50 years ago within groups like fraternities, sports teams, college bands and yes even drum corps that thankfully are no longer acceptable in society.  Not only are those behaviors a thing of the distant past, but every corps including BAC has robust reporting procedures these days and even has anti hazing/harassment training for all members and staff during move in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, leaving finals and my ears are still ringing. Not because of all the great music we just heard but because of Boston's amps. We were on side 2, 35 yard line five rows from the field. The level of sound they were pumping out of those speakers actually made my ears pop. A good number of the people around me had their fingers in their ears. They are a great corps but the that was just ridiculous, I'm sorry

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, tommynev said:

Ok, leaving finals and my ears are still ringing. Not because of all the great music we just heard but because of Boston's amps. We were on side 2, 35 yard line five rows from the field. The level of sound they were pumping out of those speakers actually made my ears pop. A good number of the people around me had their fingers in their ears. They are a great corps but the that was just ridiculous, I'm sorry

Same thing last night. It was ridiculous how loud the speakers were. Rows of people had to stick fingers in their ears. Ruined my enjoyment of the show and gave me a headache.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Congratulations Boston on as tremendous 2021

Loved the Cadets as well!