Let's Have Some Fun.

First Stadium - 1981 Cary, NC

Last Stadium - 1997 Allentown, PA (DCA Championships)

Best Stadium - Allentown, PA

Worst Stadium - Pittsfield, MA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m glad you mentioned the track at the state fair.  In 72, they had prelims in a horse barn. That was even worse.  

I was going to say - this thread is not done until it mentions Illinois State Fair, and McCormick Place.

• Like 1

The longer this thread goes, the more I realize we had it easy in the late 80's lol.

• Haha 3

On 3/30/2020 at 3:56 PM, rpbobcat said:

For those who didn't march or just want another go round:

First Stadium you saw a show in: ___________

Last Stadium you saw a show in : __________

Best Stadium you saw a show in : ___________

Worst stadium you saw a show in:____________

Stadium with best refreshments: _____________

Stadium with worst refreshments:____________

Red Wing Stadium Rochester, NY (1959)

Lucas Oil (2018)

Veterans Stadium Erie, Pa  LOUD

Any and all with a track around the field

Lucas Oil (Pot Roast sandwich is great)

Tough one.  Maybe Varsity at Georgia Tech

49 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

The longer this thread goes, the more I realize we had it easy in the late 80's lol.

Can't recall if it was the Braintree Braves, Warriors, or Boston Crusaders, but the inside of the Norwood, MA Arena race track was used for at least one contest in the early 60's.  Could have been an exhibition before the figure 8 races which were before the stock car races.  All I know is the field was a mine field.

http://www.norwoodarena.com/Track-Facts/Track/Track.History.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

That Pittsfield, Mass place doesn’t sound so great. 

I forgot about this but when we got to the Division II/III prelim site in Westminster, Maryland in 2000, the grass was about a foot high.  Big Al, longtime volunteer for DCI, had to hop on a riding mower and mow that cow pasture.  There were grass clippings everywhere.   Fun times in Div. II/III.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

I was going to say - this thread is not done until it mentions Illinois State Fair, and McCormick Place.

Oh geez, completely forgot about the Il State Fair. 

"Ok, everyone. Today we're going to rehearse doing the drill taking eenie tiny steps through horse dung and mud". 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That Pittsfield, Mass place doesn’t sound so great. 

I forgot about this but when we got to the Division II/III prelim site in Westminster, Maryland in 2000, the grass was about a foot high.  Big Al, longtime volunteer for DCI, had to hop on a riding mower and mow that cow pasture.  There were grass clippings everywhere.   Fun times in Div. II/III.

yeah the school didn't exactly get moving.

Pittsfield wasn't that bad....another old time baseball stadium that didnt remove the pitchers mound, like Waterbury CT. the parade was a death march in Pittsfield

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Tim K said:

People still know that expression, which supposedly dates back to the 1890’s when a little girl was murdered and the crime went unsolved. Some credit a newspaper which used it as a headline, others credit a minister. There is also a store that sells motorcycle equipment called Sin City Cycles, which is located near the Manning Bowl. That being said, to travel from Boston to Lynn, the direct route involved driving through Revere. As you went through Revere you passed an old dog track, a strip joint, seedy bars, questionable people on street corners, and the Wonderland Ballroom which always seemed to have drug busts, abductions, and a murder or two. Lynn was the City of Sin? No wonder why the 27th Lancers were such tough competitors. They had to be to survive the streets of Revere! 😀

Spot on, my friend!

• Like 2