The 1990 Thread

25 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

1990 was the last year Tom and Catherine Float was with BD. 1991-93 I have no idea who was BD's percussion head. Lets just say they were average and forgettable.

Rennick I believe

• Like 1

90 is one of my favorite DCI seasons. For several reasons 

Very competitive until finals week - the top six were closely bunched mid season and many of them beat corps they ended up losing to later. A couple weeks prior to finals there was no clear front runner

Star 90 was fantastic - saw them at Hersey PA at an early show and they absolutely crushed Cadets. Cadets were already exciting to watch but filthy dirty. Star was majestic and did a full standstill encore (the usual back then) and that horn line had finally grown into the beast it was from 90-93. Wow - visually on the move they just glittered across the field and had truly grown into a championship type corps. 

Cadets 90 had my favorite individual single performance ever - on a wet field in Meadowlands after the show was rain delayed then canceled. After a long delay they came out and just killed it. A big group of us watched with our jaws dropped and the crowd went bonkers. They then went in to zoom through finals week. Amazing memory

i also loved Buffalo - mild temps and area sights to enjoy (Niagara for example) - big outdoor venue. 

I also loved Cavaliers that year and many more of the programs - each corps had a distinct identity and the programming was very diverse 

Hard to believe that’s was three decades ago 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

1990 was the last year Tom and Catherine Float was with BD. 1991-93 I have no idea who was BD's percussion head. Lets just say they were average and forgettable.

A couple of no namers were there in 91 - Paul Rennick & Fred Sanford. 

92 & 93 were arranged by some guy named Dave Glyde. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, supersop said:

Rennick I believe

Pretty sure you're correct. Tom Float was an absolute trip. He was always fun at PAS.

Really enjoyed Dutch Boy, BD's "Tommy", but my favorite was Star of Indiana.

Got to see Cavaliers rehearse as they were housed close to where I was living at the time.  Great show and thought the ending was fantastic.

3 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

A couple of no namers were there in 91 - Paul Rennick & Fred Sanford. 

92 & 93 were arranged by some guy named Dave Glyde. 

9th 8th and 6th..respectively was the placement of BD's drum-line during those years from 91-93. Maybe they arranged the music but it surely didn't reflect in the scoring.