The 1990 Thread

31 minutes ago, MikeD said:

1990 has one of my all-time favorite shows, Phantom Regiment. Especially Saint Saens Symphony #3, the Organ Symphony, not to mention Bacchanale.

I had played the Organ Symphony as a percussionist with the Hanover Wind Symphony. We had an unpublished arrangement for band, with Organ and Piano as well as the ensemble. It was amazing.

Ended up doing the Organ Symphony and Bacchanale with the marching band I taught, in 1995.

From what I can see online, Phantom started the year quite strong - they won every show they were in up until the end of July.

Edited by Continental

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

From what I can see online, Phantom started the year quite strong - they won every show they were in up until the end of July.

Yes, we did.  It wasn't even close early on.  We had a pretty incredible talent level in that corps.  

• Like 5

BD got HOSED in 1990. 

"Tommy" was ahead of its time.

Then, BD went on to be all amorphous for a few seasons, until Jay and Scott reset the way Drum Corps was programmed in 1994...and won the whole #### thing, and changed the way programming would be done for years to come. The idea of staging the guard as the visual focal point had never been done. They masterfully executed it.  

That ("Tommy") is still an amazing show. 

Edited by jsd

21 minutes ago, jsd said:

The idea of staging the guard as the visual focal point had never been done.

Yup. The thought never occurred to George Zingalli. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1990 Repertoires & Ranked Scores from DCX - Drum Corps Xperience

http://www.dcxmuseum.org/index.cfm?roomid=1308&view=decade&option=1990

Historical Score Archive: 1990 - sCORPSboard.com

http://www.scorpsboard.com/scores/historical_scores/1990.html

Corps                                                                         Rank    Score        Program

Position 200+ indicates Division II, DCA Class A or DCI Open Class as appropriate to the year, Position 300+ indicates Division III

The Cadets 1 97.700 A Bernstein Celebration - Overture to Candide * Mass * Somewhere (from West Side Story) * Fancy Free  
The Cavaliers 2 96.900 Cavalier Anthems - Homage to Perotin (from Medieval Suite) * Variations on a Hymn by Louis Bourgeois * All Things Bright and Beautiful * O, Clap Your Hands * Gloria (3rd Movement)  
Star of Indiana 3 96.500 Belshazzar's Feast - Praise ye the God of Gold (from Belshazzar's Feast) * Then sing aloud to God our strength (from Belshazzar's Feast)  
Blue Devils 4 95.300 Selections from Tommy - Overture (from Tommy) * Sparks (from Tommy) * See Me, Feel Me (from Tommy) * Tommy, Can You Hear Me (from Tommy) * Underture (from Tommy) * Listening To You (from Tommy) * Overture (from Tommy)  
Phantom Regiment 4 95.300 Dreams of Desire - 4th Movement (from Symphony No. 3) * The Elephant (from Carnival of the Animals) * Finale (from Carnival of the Animals) * Bacchanale (from Samson and Delilah)  
Santa Clara Vanguard 6 94.000 Carmen - Prelude and March (from Carmen) * Intermezzo (from Carmen) * March of the Toreadors (from Carmen) * Changing of the Guard (from Carmen) * Allegro Moderato (from Carmen) * La Habanera (from Carmen) * Gypsy Dance (from Carmen)  
Crossmen 7 89.600 Baroque Samba * 'Round Midnight * Caravan * Now or Never  
Bluecoats 8 89.200 Caravan * I Got It Bad (and That Ain't Good) * Don't Get Around Much Anymore * It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing  
Madison Scouts 9 88.700 Undiscovered Madison - The Lemon Squeeze * Remembrance * I Can Cook Too (from On the Town)  
Velvet Knights 10 87.300 Universal Studios / Hollywood Tour - Summertime (from Porgy and Bess) * School's Out for Summer * 20th Century Fox Fanfare * Hooray for Hollywood * Singin' in the Rain (from Singing In The Rain) * Wizard of Oz * The Sea Hawk * Bottle Dance (from Fiddler on the Roof) * Keystone Cops * Slow Burn * The Summer of '42 * Born to be Wild  
Spirit of Atlanta 11 83.400 Selections from Gone with the Wind * Motherless Child Blues * African Drum Solo (from The Color Purple) * Precious Lord, Take My Hand * God Must Be Tryin' To Tell You Something (from The Color Purple)  
Dutch Boy 12 82.200 Tribute to Frank and Sammy - Strangers in the Night * My Way * It's All Right With Me (from Can-Can) * What Kind of Fool Am I (from Stop the World I Want To Get Off) * Come Back to Me (from On A Clear Day You Can See Forever) * Once In A Lifetime (from Stop the World I Want To Get Off)  
Blue Knights 13 85.400 Chichester Psalms * Offertory (from Mass) * I Go On (from Mass) * Sanctus (from Bernstein's Mass) * Agnus Dei (from Bernstein's Mass)  
Freelancers 14 84.300 Main Title from Batman * Clown Attack (from Batman) * The Penitent Man Will Pass (from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) * Into the Trap (from Return of the Jedi) * The Keeper of the Grail (from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) * Descent into Mystery (from Batman) * Finale (from Batman)  
Boston Crusaders 15 84.050 Coronation of Boris Godunov * Captain from Castile * Conquest (from Captain From Castile)  
Magic of Orlando 16 83.000 Walt Disney's Fantasia - Fantasia * Bach, Johann Sebastian * Night on Bald Mountain * Ave Maria  
Troopers 17 80.250 Music for the Centennial of the State of Wyoming - How the West Was Won * Silverado * Pops Hoedown * Shenandoah * On the Threshold of Liberty * America  
Glassmen 18 79.500 Suite for Jazz Orchestra * Threshold * In The Eighties * After All  
Sky Ryders 19 75.900 Savannah River Holiday * Wonderful Town * Divertimento for Orchestra * Liberty Fanfare  
L'Insolite 21 74.400 Quand ça Balance * I Will Wait for You * The Umbrellas of Cherbourg * Paris Violin  
Academie Musicale 22 73.900 Liberty Fanfare * Fourth Symphony * Slavonic Dances * Young Sherlock Holmes  
Colts 23 72.800 Santorini * Ludwig * On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss * Farandole (from L'Arlesienne)  
Marauders 24 72.700 Selections from Batman * Symphony No. 2  
Black Gold 25 70.000 Rodeo  
Limited Edition 26 65.900 The Finale from Enigma Variations * Incantation and Dance * The Prayer (from Hansel and Gretel)  
Northern Aurora 26 65.900 Cinderella - A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (from Cinderella) * Pizzacatto Polka * Dance of the Hours * Love Theme (from Romeo and Juliet) * 10 Minutes Ago (from Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella) * Verdi's Requiem * Hungarian Rhapsody No 2 * Trumpet Voluntary * Wedding March  
Florida Wave 28 65.700 Beat 70 * Beyond the Sea * Dream of the Return * En Fuego (On Fire)  
Americanos 29 64.400 Gitano * La Bamba * La Isla Bonita  
Mandarins 30 63.900 The First Circle * Letter From Home * Third Wind * Minuano (Six Eight) * Flight of the Falcon  
Railmen 31 59.700 I Can Cook Too (from On the Town) * When I First Saw You (from Dreamgirls) * A Little Travelin' Music * Siciliano  
Kiwanis Kavaliers 32 59.400 Eleanor Rigby * Norwegian Wood * Golden Slumbers * You Never Give Me Your Money * The End  
Carolina Crown 33 58.600 The Music Man - Goodnight My Someone (from The Music Man) * Ya Got Trouble (from The Music Man) * Lida Rose (from The Music Man) * Marian the Librian (from The Music Man) * Till There Was You (from The Music Man) * Goodnight Ladies (from The Music Man) * 76 Trombones (from The Music Man)  
Spartans (WA) 206 78.200 Stiletto * Upa Neguinho * Caravan * Canto del Viento  
Spartans 207 76.700 Selections from "Scheharazade" - (Repertoire not available)  
Patriots 208 74.100 Gloria * O, Clap Your Hands * All Things Bright and Beautiful * God of Our Fathers  
Allegiance Elite 209 71.700 Man of La Mancha * Masada * Fall Fair Overture  
Expressions 212 69.200 War Suite - Prelude to the War * Battle Cry * Carnal Question * To The War  
Coachmen 214 64.300 Pepe's Show - There Will Never Be Another You * There's No Business Like Show Business (from Annie, Get Your Gun) * My Way  
Madison Junior Scouts 216 53.000 They're Playing Our Song * My Favorite Things (from The Sound Of Music) * I Sing the Body Electric (from Fame)  
Northwind 218 44.500 Little Shop of Horrors - Little Shop of Horrors * The Meek Shall Inherit (from Little Shop of Horrors) * Some Fun Now (from Little Shop of Horrors) * Skid Row (Downtown) (from Little Shop of Horrors)  
Hudson Valley All-Stars 219 37.600 Disney Medley  
Southwind 304 82.000 You are My Sunshine * Lucretia McEvil * Sometimes in Winter * God Bless the Child  
Blue Stars 305 81.600 Rondo Cappricio * The Seventh Seal  
Knight Command 306 74.700 Tommy, The Rock Opera - Selections from Tommy  
Emerald Knights 307 72.800 The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber - Selections by Andrew Lloyd Webber  
Guardsmen 312 60.900 Children of Sanchez * Greensleeves  
Masquerade 318 47.000 Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting * Get on your Feet  
Blue Devils B     Flight of the Condor * Bossa Corona * San Juan * Samba de Haps * Don't Let Me be Lonely Tonight  
Dimension     Music of Strauss - Music of Strauss  
Les Stentors     Dragnet * Le Club des 100 Watts * Bandstand Boogie * Asterix  
Quad City Knights     Tommy, The Rock Opera - Selections from Tommy  
Vanguard Cadets     Russian Sailor's Dance (from The Red Poppy) * Who Will Buy (from Oliver) * If You Believe (from The Wiz)  

All Girl
Ventures 20 74.700 My Fair Ladies - On the Street Where You Live (from My Fair Lady) * The Rain in Spain (from My Fair Lady) * Show Me (from My Fair Lady) * I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face (from My Fair Lady) * I Could Have Danced All Night (from My Fair Lady)  
Bandettes 308 73.700 Music from the Motown Era - (Repertoire not available)  

1 hour ago, jsd said:

BD got HOSED in 1990. 

"Tommy" was ahead of its time.

Then, BD went on to be all amorphous for a few seasons, until Jay and Scott reset the way Drum Corps was programmed in 1994...and won the whole #### thing, and changed the way programming would be done for years to come. The idea of staging the guard as the visual focal point had never been done. They masterfully executed it.  

That ("Tommy") is still an amazing show. 

Here is 1990 blue devils audio only

Posted by Samuel James

8 hours ago, Continental said:

The 1990 Contest Season

See the article entitled "Drum Corps Midwest celebrates 25 years" by Drum Corps International  Dated 07-08-2002

https://www.dci.org/news/drum-corps-midwest-celebrates-25-years 

See the article entitled "Drum and bugle corps (classic)" From Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_and_bugle_corps_(classic)

Some corps managers, directors and instructors walked out of the 1969 VFW national rules committee meeting after their requests for major rules changes were not approved, and some of the protesting participants then formed the by-invitation-only (and short-lived) Midwest Combine in 1971 also called Drum Corps Midwest.

Drum Corps Midwest was formed as part of a Drum Corps International plan to split North America into six geographical regions (Midwest (DCM), East (DCE), Canada (DCCan), Great Plains (DCGP), West (DCW) and South (DCS). The six geographical regions later evolved into one governing body known as Drum Corps International (DCI).

See the topic: Drum Corps Midwest
 By DRB, September 20, 2008 in DCI World Class Corps Discussions

https://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/118567-drum-corps-midwest/#comments

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

June - July - August SCORES

http://www.scorpsboard.com/scores/historical_scores/1990.html

---------------  Friday, June 15  ---------------                                     
   Indianapolis, IN                               DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           73.4
    2 Star of Indiana                            68.3
    3 Bluecoats                                  67.8
    4 Glassmen                                   58.7
    5 Pioneer                                    41.4
    6 Limited Edition                            37.7
    7 Northmen-WI                                16.3
   --------------  Saturday, June 16  --------------                                         
   Canton, OH                                     DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           72.7
    2 Star of Indiana                            66.9
    3 Bluecoats                                  64.3
    4 Northern Aurora                            40.0
    5 Limited Edition                            36.1
    6 Northmen-WI                                17.1
   ---------------  Sunday, June 17  ---------------                 
   Wadsworth, OH                                  DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           72.7
    2 Bluecoats                                  65.9
    3 Glassmen                                   54.8
    4 Northern Aurora                            39.0
    5 Limited Edition                            34.9
    6 Northmen-WI                                18.6
   ---------------  Monday, June 18  ---------------                                        
   Columbus, OH                                   DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           73.0
    2 Star of Indiana                            68.9
    3 Bluecoats                                  65.2
    4 Glassmen                                   53.9
    5 Pioneer                                    38.3
    6 Northern Aurora                            35.7
    7 Limited Edition                            34.7
    8 Northmen-WI                                26.8
   ---------------  Tuesday, June 19  ---------------                                          
   Port Clinton, OH                               DCM
   Touch of Glass                                    

1 Phantom Regiment                           77.0
    2 Bluecoats                                  67.6
    3 Glassmen                                   55.7
    4 Pioneer                                    45.8
    5 Northern Aurora                            43.6
    6 Limited Edition                            41.3
    7 Northmen-WI                                29.4
   ---------------  Friday, June 22  ---------------                                        
   Milwaukee, WI                                  DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           74.0
    2 Cavaliers                                  72.1
    3 Bluecoats                                  65.0
    4 Blue Knights                               58.0
    5 Minnesota Brass (Sr)                       49.8
    6 Pioneer                                    44.8
    7 Limited Edition                            41.4
    8 Northmen-WI                                24.6
   --------------  Saturday, June 23  --------------                                          
   Whitewater, WI                                 DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           76.2
    2 Cavaliers                                  73.9
    3 Bluecoats                                  67.1
    4 Blue Knights                               56.3
    5 Glassmen                                   54.0
    6 Minnesota Brass (Sr)                       47.1
    7 Bandettes                                  27.5
   ---------------  Sunday, June 24  ---------------              
   Green Bay, WI                                  DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           78.1
    2 Glassmen                                   56.8
    3 Minnesota Brass (Sr)                       54.7
    4 Pioneer                                    52.2
    5 Limited Edition                            46.4
    6 Bandettes                                  31.8
    7 Guardsmen                                  31.1
   --------------  Thursday, June 28  --------------                         
   Streator, IL                                   DCM
   Brass Under Glass                                 

1 Phantom Regiment                           77.0
    2 Cavaliers                                  76.1
    3 Blue Knights                               64.3
    4 Glassmen                                   60.0
    5 Troopers                                   56.8
    6 Kiwanis Kavaliers                          44.9
    7 Northern Aurora                            44.6
    8 Bandettes                                  32.7
   ---------------  Friday, June 29  ---------------
   Mishawaka, IN                                  DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           78.4
    2 Cavaliers                                  77.8
    3 Limited Edition                            48.9
    4 Expressions                                37.6
    5 Knight Command                             36.4
   --------------  Saturday, June 30  --------------                                  
   Rolling Meadows, IL                            DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           79.0
    2 Cavaliers                                  78.4
    3 Troopers                                   63.4
    4 Railmen                                    50.7
    5 Pioneer                                    48.0
    ^ Limited Edition                            48.0
    7 Knight Command                             37.1
   ----------------  Monday, July 2  ----------------
   Byron, IL                                      DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           81.5
    2 Cavaliers                                  79.7
    3 Limited Edition                            53.1
    4 Pioneer                                    47.0
    5 Knight Command                             43.8
    6 Phantom Reg Cadets                         40.0
   ---------------  Tuesday, July 3  ---------------                                        
   Racine, WI                                     DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           80.4
    2 Troopers                                   66.4
    3 Glassmen                                   62.3
    4 Railmen                                    55.4
    5 Pioneer                                    49.6
    6 Expressions                                41.8
    7 Phantom Reg Cadets                         38.7
    8 Chicago Vanguard (Sr)                      32.7
   ---------------  Saturday, July 7  ---------------                                   
   Chicago, IL                                    DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           82.4
    2 Madison Scouts                             76.4
    3 Troopers                                   66.7
   ---------------  Friday, July 13  ---------------                                       
   Dubuque, IA                                    DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           83.2
    2 Madison Scouts                             78.7
    3 Colts                                      63.2
   --------------  Saturday, July 14  --------------                                          
   Madison, WI                                    DCM
   Drums on Parade                                   

1 Phantom Regiment                           86.2
    2 Madison Scouts                             80.6
    3 Bluecoats                                  77.4
    4 Colts                                      63.9
    5 Knight Command                             46.5
    6 Emerald Knights, IA                        39.2
    7 Northmen-WI                                37.4
    8 Madison Junior Scouts                      34.5
   ---------------  Sunday, July 15  ---------------                                      
   Rockford, IL                                   DCM
   The Show of Shows                                 

1 Phantom Regiment                           84.2
    2 Cavaliers                                  83.1
    3 Madison Scouts                             78.5
    4 Bluecoats                                  76.2
    5 Colts                                      64.4
   ---------------  Friday, July 20  ---------------                                     
   DeKalb, IL                                     DCM
   DCM Division I Prelims                            

1 Phantom Regiment                           85.3
    2 Star of Indiana                            85.2
    3 Cavaliers                                  83.3
    4 Madison Scouts                             79.8
    5 Bluecoats                                  78.3
    6 Glassmen                                   65.5
    7 Colts                                      62.7
   --------------  Saturday, July 21  --------------
   DeKalb, IL                                     DCM
   DCM Championship                                  

1 Phantom Regiment                           86.2
    2 Star of Indiana                            86.0
    3 Cavaliers                                  84.7
    4 Madison Scouts                             79.5
    5 Bluecoats                                  78.7
    6 Glassmen                                   65.7
   ---------------  Tuesday, July 24  ---------------                                           
   Sioux City, IA                                 DCI
   Drums Across America                              

1 Phantom Regiment                           86.7
    2 Cavaliers                                  85.0
    3 Velvet Knights                             77.9
    4 Blue Knights                               75.3
    5 Railmen                                    54.8
    6 Allegiance Elite                           41.5                                          
   --------------  Wednesday, July 25  --------------                                           
   Stillwater, MN                                 DCI
   Drum Beauty                                       

1 Phantom Regiment                           86.9
    2 Cavaliers                                  85.7
    3 Bluecoats                                  80.3
    4 Madison Scouts                             79.8
    5 Velvet Knights                             77.9
    6 Blue Knights                               70.3
    7 Limited Edition                            50.9
   --------------  Thursday, July 26  --------------                                   
   Blaine, MN                                     DCI
   Stand still only due to rain.                     

Phantom Regiment                               
      Blue Devils                                    
      Bluecoats                                      
      Madison Scouts                                 
      Blue Knights                                   
      Colts                                          
      Limited Edition        
   ---------------  Friday, July 27  ---------------                                            
   Appleton, WI                                   DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           84.9
    2 Troopers                                   71.1
    3 Marauders                                  68.5
    4 Colts                                      66.4
   --------------  Saturday, July 28  --------------                                      
   Whitewater, WI                                 DCI
   DCI Midwest Prelims                               

1 Blue Devils                                88.1
    2 Phantom Regiment                           87.3
    3 Cavaliers                                  87.0
    4 Bluecoats                                  80.5
    5 Crossmen                                   78.5
    6 Velvet Knights                             75.9
    7 Blue Knights                               74.0
    8 Dutch Boy                                  71.8
    9 Spirit of Atlanta                          70.7
   10 Troopers                                   67.5
   11 Colts                                      63.0
   12 L'Insolite                                 62.6
   13 Marauders                                  58.0
   14 Limited Edition                            50.8
   --------------  Saturday, July 28  --------------                             
   Whitewater, WI                                 DCI
   DCI Midwest                                       

1 Cavaliers                                  89.4
    2 Phantom Regiment                           86.9
    3 Blue Devils                                86.8
    4 Bluecoats                                  82.8
    5 Crossmen                                   81.3
    6 Velvet Knights                             79.7
    7 Dutch Boy                                  76.0
    8 Blue Knights                               73.7
    ^ Spirit of Atlanta                          73.7
   10 Troopers                                   69.7

---------------  Monday, July 30  ---------------                                        
   Columbus, OH                                   DCI
   Pageant of Champions                              

1 Phantom Regiment                           88.6
    2 Bluecoats                                  84.3
    3 Madison Scouts                             84.1
    4 Dutch Boy                                  78.5
    5 Boston Crusaders                           74.4
    6 Colts                                      64.6
    7 Limited Edition                            58.5
   ---------------  Tuesday, July 31  ---------------                                    
   Canton, OH                                     DCM

1 Phantom Regiment                           88.2
    2 Bluecoats                                  83.1
    3 Madison Scouts                             82.6
    4 Dutch Boy                                  77.2
    5 Blue Knights                               75.9
    6 Orlando Magic                              73.0
    7 Boston Crusaders                           72.0
    8 Troopers                                   69.2
    9 Railmen                                    57.2
   -------------  Wednesday, August 1  -------------                                  
   Cleveland, OH                                  DCI
   Northern Lights Invitational                      

1 Cavaliers                                  89.9
    2 Phantom Regiment                           88.5
    3 Dutch Boy                                  77.6
    4 Boston Crusaders                           76.6
    5 Blue Knights                               75.9
    6 Orlando Magic                              73.0
    7 Troopers                                   69.2
    8 Railmen                                    57.2
   --------------  Thursday, August 2  --------------                                     
   Erie, PA                                       DCI
   Lake Erie Fanfare                                 

1 Phantom Regiment                           87.3
    2 Madison Scouts                             81.1
    3 Bluecoats                                  80.1
    4 Dutch Boy                                  75.0
    5 Boston Crusaders                           72.4
    6 Marauders                                  55.1
    7 Limited Edition                            52.6
   --------------  Saturday, August 4  --------------                                       
   Hamilton, ONT                                  DCI
   DCI Canada                                        

1 Blue Devils                                90.6
    2 Cavaliers                                  90.0
    3 Phantom Regiment                           89.6
    4 Madison Scouts                             83.2
    5 Dutch Boy                                  78.7
    6 Blue Knights                               77.4
    7 Orlando Magic                              76.3
    8 Boston Crusaders                           75.3
   ---------------  Sunday, August 5  ---------------                                        
   Port Huron, MI                                 DCI
   Blue Water Brass                                  

1 Cavaliers                                  91.0
    2 Phantom Regiment                           90.4
    3 Bluecoats                                  83.6
    4 Dutch Boy                                  80.1
    5 Marauders                                  65.6
    6 Limited Edition                            64.0
    7 West Coast Cadets                          44.2
   --------------  Tuesday, August 7  -------------- 

Dayton, OH                                     DCI
   Soaring Sounds                                    

1 Cavaliers                                  92.8
    2 Phantom Regiment                           91.0
    3 Bluecoats                                  84.6
    4 Freelancers                                82.4
    5 Dutch Boy                                  80.3
    6 Florida Wave                               67.7
    7 Limited Edition                            63.4
    8 Knight Command                             53.4
   -------------  Wednesday, August 8  -------------                                     
   Cincinnati, OH                                 DCI
   Queen City Classic                                

1 Star of Indiana                            92.3
    2 Phantom Regiment                           91.0
    3 Bluecoats                                  85.1
    4 Dutch Boy                                  80.3
    5 Blue Knights                               77.7
    6 Glassmen                                   71.8
    7 Sky Ryders                                 66.8
    8 Marauders                                  65.0
   --------------  Friday, August 10  --------------                                         
   West Chester, PA                               DCI
   Contest was rained out.                           

Cadets of Bergen Cty.                          
      Phantom Regiment                               
      Crossmen                                       
      Dutch Boy                                      
      Freelancers                                    
      Ventures            
   -------------  Saturday, August 11  -------------                              
   Allentown, PA                                  DCI
   DCI East Prelims                                  

1 Cadets of Bergen Cty.                      93.6
    2 Blue Devils                                92.1
    3 Phantom Regiment                           91.4
    4 Madison Scouts                             87.9
    5 Crossmen                                   87.0
    6 Freelancers                                83.6
    7 Dutch Boy                                  82.6
    8 Boston Crusaders                           82.2
    9 Troopers                                   78.5
   10 Orlando Magic                              77.8
   11 L'Insolite                                 72.6
   12 Marauders                                  69.8
   13 Colts                                      69.6
   14 Black Gold                                 66.3
   15 Carolina Crown                             59.9

------------- Saturday, August 11 -------------                                  
   Allentown, PA                                  DCI
   DCI East                                          

1 Cadets of Bergen Cty.                      93.0
    2 Blue Devils                                92.7
    3 Phantom Regiment                           92.3
    4 Madison Scouts                             88.3
    5 Crossmen                                   87.3
    6 Dutch Boy                                  82.3
    7 Freelancers                                82.0
    ^ Boston Crusaders                           82.0
    9 Orlando Magic                              78.9
   10 Troopers                                   77.1                         
   --------------  Sunday, August 12  --------------                                         
   Fort Edward, NY                                DCI
   Adirondack Drums                                  

1 Phantom Regiment                           91.0
    2 Madison Scouts                             88.6
    3 Boston Crusaders                           82.2
    4 Orlando Magic                              79.2
    5 L'Insolite                                 71.9
    6 Marauders                                  70.8
    7 Colts                                      68.9
   --------------  Monday, August 13  --------------                                         
   East Rutherford, NJ                            DCI
   Contest was rained out.                           

Cadets of Bergen Cty.                          
      Phantom Regiment                               
      Santa Clara Vanguard                           
      Velvet Knights                                 
      Freelancers                                    
      Sky Ryders                                     
      L'Insolite          
   -------------  Thursday, August 16  -------------
   Buffalo, NY                                    DCI
   Quarter Finals                                    

1 Cadets of Bergen Cty.                      96.0
    2 Cavaliers                                  95.9
    3 Blue Devils                                95.6
    4 Star of Indiana                            95.1
    5 Santa Clara Vanguard                       94.2
    6 Phantom Regiment                           93.6
    7 Crossmen                                   90.6
    8 Bluecoats                                  90.3
    9 Madison Scouts                             89.6
   10 Velvet Knights                             87.8
   11 Spirit of Atlanta                          85.9
   12 Blue Knights                               85.7
   13 Dutch Boy                                  84.8
   14 Freelancers                                84.7
   15 Boston Crusaders                           84.0
   16 Orlando Magic                              82.8
   17 Troopers                                   81.1
   18 Glassmen                                   79.5
   19 Sky Ryders                                 75.9
   20 Ventures                                   74.7
   21 L'Insolite                                 74.4
   22 Academie Musicale                          73.9
   23 Colts                                      72.8
   24 Marauders                                  72.7
   25 Black Gold                                 70.0
   --------------  Friday, August 17  --------------                                            
   Semi-Finals                                       

1 Cadets of Bergen Cty.                      96.8
    2 Cavaliers                                  96.2
    3 Star of Indiana                            95.4
    4 Blue Devils                                95.3
    5 Phantom Regiment                           94.1
    6 Santa Clara Vanguard                       94.0
    7 Madison Scouts                             90.8
    8 Crossmen                                   90.6
    9 Bluecoats                                  90.3
   10 Velvet Knights                             88.5
   11 Spirit of Atlanta                          86.9
   12 Dutch Boy                                  86.3
   13 Blue Knights                               85.1
   14 Boston Crusaders                           84.1
   15 Freelancers                                83.9
   16 Orlando Magic                              83.2
   17 Troopers                                   79.4
   -------------  Saturday, August 18  -------------                                              
   DCI World Championship                            

1 Cadets of Bergen Cty.                      97.7
    2 Cavaliers                                  96.9
    3 Star of Indiana                            96.5
    4 Phantom Regiment                           95.3
    ^ Blue Devils                                95.3
    6 Santa Clara Vanguard                       94.0
    7 Crossmen                                   89.6
    8 Bluecoats                                  89.2
    9 Madison Scouts                             88.7
   10 Velvet Knights                             87.3
   11 Spirit of Atlanta                          83.4
   12 Dutch Boy                                  82.2

2 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

The 1990 Contest Season

Two thoughts:

That DCI Midwest Finals reaction would have been a sight to behold. Was anyone there? 

The DCI Midwest tour + DCI tour must have been a marathon. They were going about a week to ten days longer than the East corps. 

Plus one: Glad SCORPSboard still has its place on the web. 

Edited by mfrontz
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

People loved these two corps!