In The News – Canton Bluecoats Face Uncertainty After DCI Season Canceled

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

The stadium is the easy part. Block off every other row and mark seats off where people are at arm’s length. I know of one school planning on doing that and it is a potential plan for houses of worship. The difficult thing to me would be how does a band socially distance itself during a show? What about football huddles and basketball games? I’m finding breath8mg through masks a challenge. What about student evens where more air is needed. Would wearing masks be safe? 

Seating in stands is part of it. social distancing (sd) in lines to enter and leave, sd in bathrooms, sd at concession stands. And players, coaches, cheerleaders, band.... just don’t see it...

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

The stadium is the easy part. Block off every other row and mark seats off where people are at arm’s length. I know of one school planning on doing that and it is a potential plan for houses of worship. The difficult thing to me would be how does a band socially distance itself during a show? What about football huddles and basketball games? I’m finding breath8mg through masks a challenge. What about student evens where more air is needed. Would wearing masks be safe? 

agreed. and in the stands...do families have to split up? you know people will ask

Just because there's been some posts here about marching bands, this 2015 show is timely again:

55 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Just because there's been some posts here about marching bands, this 2015 show is timely again:

Because the market now has oil priced at one cent per barrel. Less than a banana!

raw

Edit: I was already behind the news. Oil closed at negative $37 per barrel.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Because the market now has oil priced at one cent per barrel. Less than a banana!

So if Bluecoats and other corps were on tour this year, gas costs wouldn't be an issue, right?

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

agreed. and in the stands...do families have to split up? you know people will ask

Houses of worship are trying to figure that one out as we speak. 

On 4/19/2020 at 4:49 PM, Ghost said:

Maybe the chairs they used were extra ones from their Bingo halls.

Ha.. nice. 

you know BD don’t do nothing cheap. Keeping it real. 
Babylon is my favorite keep the props simple and let the performers shine. And it was beautiful. 

On 4/20/2020 at 2:47 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

raw

Does that mean the next time I stop for gas, they will pay me to fill it up????

:dancin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Does that mean the next time I stop for gas, they will pay me to fill it up????

:dancin:

Sweet deal. Yesterday got an email from Sheetz they will deliver. After over a month since last full up have less than half a tank of gas in the Forester. Maybe Sheetz will deliver about 10 gallons and some cash....

• Like 1