If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Thanks for asking. I don’t pretend to have the answers. And no one else on the forum does either. So I find the attitudes to be off putting. “Naive”. “Complacent”.  No one knows. So how about we tone down the “I know better than you” attitudes. 

Agreed with the tone down. Apparently we have people here where the economy is hurting them and some here who were hit personally by sickness and death. So people would look at what hits them the most... we all have to remember not everyone is the same

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is what I hope. Here is what I pray. That the virus mutates and disappears just as it appeared. This happens. It has happened. I pray it happens again. 

Because so much of the rest of it is so unknown. For example - antibody testing. Ok. Sounds logical. But, what if you had it and recovered?  How long after that do you have detectable antibodies?  Forever?  Nine months?  Six months?  Something else?  Ugh. So much unknown. Better that it Just Go Away!

Also - articles are starting to come out that maybe the virus has been circulating in the US a lot longer than previously thought. Maybe since November. That would be very good news in terms of herd immunity. Could this explain what we’re seeing in California?  Maybe the peak already occurred there. That would be great. 

14 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Like with most things...Including our activity ..One has to wonder what we are NOT being told, and be very wide eyed as to who the messenger is.

There are cities now saying if anyone is out period without a mask they could or will be fined up to $500.00 . I actually heard this on TV today and they seemed quite serious.

14 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Would not be surprised... personally was food shopping recently and wanted to smack everyone in the head not wearing a mask or getting too freaking close. Sad that you have to threaten people’s $$$ to get them to do what they should be doing in the first #### place. 
In PA we’re supposed to be wearing masks in public but not sure if we can be penalized if we don’t. Close to me had that dumb case where a woman was fined for non-essential driving. She got cabin fever so went out for a ride without stopping anywhere. Turned out the stay at home order was not clear so she thought she was ok and the cop thought she wasn’t.  Case ended up getting dropped but added fuel to the conspiracy theorists....

14 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

It was said on TV this morning that they didn't want to threaten people and don't want to fine people and said it will also be a misdemeanor but if they had to they would. Makes ya thin k , what don't we know .

You're right though about some people. Also young people better get over that some think they aren't at risk. A local hospital just 4 days ago had  deaths all under 40 years old...sad

Whoa - what is the legal underpinning for the mask requirement?  Under what law they going to fine or charge individuals who don't wear a mask?  Was there legislation passed that gives the Gov't the power to criminally charge someone who is non-compliant?  IIRC we had a gripe with the Gov't about 245 years ago that didn't end well for the Gov't in power at the time.

I understand the idea that a mask is good, even if it doesn't do much w/r/t mitigating transmission it at least serves as a reminder that we are all in this together.  But criminal charges without due process is another matter entirely.  There is a very slippery slope here....

8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Whoa - what is the legal underpinning for the mask requirement?  Under what law they going to fine or charge individuals who don't wear a mask?  Was there legislation passed that gives the Gov't the power to criminally charge someone who is non-compliant?  IIRC we had a gripe with the Gov't about 245 years ago that didn't end well for the Gov't in power at the time.

I understand the idea that a mask is good, even if it doesn't do much w/r/t mitigating transmission it at least serves as a reminder that we are all in this together.  But criminal charges without due process is another matter entirely.  There is a very slippery slope here....

Well the same reasoning and same complaint goes for closing non-essential businesses and churches. But that’s for another thread.

Also I mis-spoke earlier, PA suggests masks it was not made mandatory. Person was arrested in Philly for not wearing a mask in a bus. He was arrested for refusing to leave the bus because of no mask. There wearing a mask was part of the bus companies rules.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Question applies to DCI touring depending on how businesses start opening up. Hearing talk of opening parts of the country depending on things. That would affect touring based on where corps is from (where members  are from?), show location, route to show location, getting supplies, etc.... And as you said what if crap hits the fan again and another shutdown (full?  partial?)

Most of that falls under my #1 above... repeated lockdowns disrupting things.  But yes, if a particular locale remains locked down for the next 18 months, that falls under #2 above... no 2021 season for them.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

That’s odd! DCP members who were pageantry experts just two months ago became economic scholars a month ago and are now infectious disease experts. 

Beware the wrath that comes upon you from the DCP5.

For those that do not agree strike out.  But feign innocence and good tidings.

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I’m assuming you still have a job, then?  Easy to judge when you don’t feel the pain. How long shall the economy be shut down?  The only foolish thing is to yield to draconian measures that do more harm than good. So, at what point do we open things back up?  

I’m employed by no one but student debt at the current moment. However, COVID-19 has taken family away from me and a couple of my friends. So pipe down with your “don’t feel the pain” BS. 

These “draconian measures” (overdramatic much?) are in place by recommendation of infectious disease experts. If they were doing more harm than good, they would not be in place. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Hey Im just telling you what was said over and over on TV. Not debating it.