If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

We’ll just disagree. You see spreading misinformation. I see expressing hope.  Shouldn’t you be studying root canals or something?  Speaking of which, I read the obit of my small town dentist from WAY back in the day. Back then they did it all. Their knowledge back then was likely “a foot deep and a mile wide”. In other words they dabbled in a little of everything but probably lacked the specialized detailed knowledge you have today. He put in my fillings (plenty of Hg of course - now mostly upgraded to the newfangled studs); he pulled my wisdom teeth. He did it all. Different era for sure. 

It’s still that way, plus/minus. I won’t do molar root canals or impacted 3rds. Some surgical extractions and bone graft. Might place implants one day. (I do restore them on occasion.) Lots of drill-n-fill, crown and bridge; removable too. The usual stuff. Some GPs do crown lengthening and sinus lifts too. (That’s not for me.) I’m finally getting around to Invisalign next month. We have to be equal parts doctor, engineer and artist.

7 hours ago, E3D said:

Well I'm not into measuring the size of balls but if you are threatening people then I find that really over the top aggressive behavior. People still hold different opinions and there is nothing wrong with that the last time I checked. 

I was not around for this spat when it began so not sure who said to not panic. But that is still good advice. 

Threats weren’t my intent, but I can see how you can make that interpretation. I have edited my post accordingly. Please accept my apology.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois.  DCM championship was in Toledo one year. 

Kansas (Sky Ryders) a couple years in the late 80s. What about Kentucky? I can’t remember if Southwind ever completed at DCM championships. Not to be confused with DC - Midwest in Whitewater. 

7 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Kansas (Sky Ryders) a couple years in the late 80s. What about Kentucky? I can’t remember if Southwind ever completed at DCM championships. Not to be confused with DC - Midwest in Whitewater. 

I think they were in DCM shows. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

The_Dentist__2552876k.jpg

Let’s just put it this way.  The dentist got the wisdom tooth halfway out and he had his receptionist drive me to an oral surgeon.  He got that one out and I made an appointment for the other one.  He had to cut it into 23 pieces to get it out.  😳

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I was thinking. In retrospect, that Scouts show with oxygen tanks and face masks was way ahead of its time. 

• Haha 2