If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I was raised in a home without dental floss and have bad teeth.

For decades I've told young family members to always rinse their mouths with some water after eating sweets.  Don't spit it out.  Just swallow it and get a small amount of carbs and hydration.  Still waiting for a dentist/dental hygienist who suggests this as a quick way to get sugar out of the mouth.

10 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

We’ll just disagree. You see spreading misinformation. I see expressing hope.  Shouldn’t you be studying root canals or something?  Speaking of which, I read the obit of my small town dentist from WAY back in the day. Back then they did it all. Their knowledge back then was likely “a foot deep and a mile wide”. In other words they dabbled in a little of everything but probably lacked the specialized detailed knowledge you have today. He put in my fillings (plenty of Hg of course - now mostly upgraded to the newfangled studs); he pulled my wisdom teeth. He did it all. Different era for sure. 

There is a difference between hope and misinformation. Hope is “doctors are working around the clock and learning new things everyday to combat this disease” or “they’re creating guidelines right now that will help individual states open up their economies soon.” Compare that to blatantly false and speculative statements such as “the disease has been in the USA for several months, that means we will hit the peak in mid April” or “The death toll will be less than that of the swine flu, everything will be okay.” See the difference? 

It’s the exact same for new dentists today too. Many general dentists do fillings, root canals, crowns, dentures, implants, periodontal surgery, extractions, and even some orthodontics due to the popularity of clear aligners. I do hope you didn’t have those “mercury” fillings taken out by your dentist’s suggestion, there’s no evidence to suggest they’re harmful.

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

There is a difference between hope and misinformation.

Yep. It's not alarmist to be forthright with people about how challenging the situation is.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Good one!  I use my real name to help keep myself under control.  The reality is, if any Drum Corps Planet poster finds themself in the Allentown Area, I’ll probably buy their drinks and dinner!

Staleys open?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My retirement started 3/1... Got plenty of time and no where to go. Haven’t  filled the gas tank in weeks cuz no where to go except food store. Been living in sweat pants except for weekly trips. Not like anyone would recognize me with the bank robber bandana I wear out. Just me and the dog and so far the dog can still stand me....

the bald spot would give you away when i looked down

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I was thinking. In retrospect, that Scouts show with oxygen tanks and face masks was way ahead of its time. 

Music City Mystique beat it by a year in WGI and was a lot cleaner

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Good one!  I use my real name to help keep myself under control.  The reality is, if any Drum Corps Planet poster finds themself in the Allentown Area, I’ll probably buy their drinks and dinner!

Fred Windish. "That's a made up name.  What's your real name?  I am interested; we are interested".  Enjoy this scene:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Staleys open?

Yes, Jeff.  But, haven’t been there in years.  For you, though, I’d go something much more upscale. Seriously. 🙂

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

There is a difference between hope and misinformation. Hope is “doctors are working around the clock and learning new things everyday to combat this disease” or “they’re creating guidelines right now that will help individual states open up their economies soon.” Compare that to blatantly false and speculative statements such as “the disease has been in the USA for several months, that means we will hit the peak in mid April” or “The death toll will be less than that of the swine flu, everything will be okay.” See the difference? 

I see the difference.

But because I see the difference, I understand that those latter, speculative statements are statements of opinion made with the intent of creating hope - not claims of fact that intend to misinform.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I see the difference.

But because I see the difference, I understand that those latter, speculative statements are statements of opinion made with the intent of creating hope - not claims of fact that intend to misinform.

Well I see opinion as “we hope (or we think) this will run its course soon etc”. When someone leaves out “we hope (or we think)” it comes out as stating a fact. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Missed the work soon Doh