If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I think this insultingly misrepresents at least one side of the argument.

I believe what matters the most to most of us is whether the drug is worth trying for people whose risk of being killed by Covid-19 (which likely increases greatly with the progression of symptoms) is greater than the risk of being killed by the drug itself (which has been shown to be low in uncomplicated circumstances but remains unknown in the context of Covid-19).

By that logic, why not call every antiviral drug a potential game changer, pump it into people (because hey, it might work, right?) and see what sticks?

If there is no 2021 season, then my prediction is that might be the end of it. But I think there will be a 2021 season. The Covid will fade away as the 1918 influenza did. 

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

By that logic, why not call every antiviral drug a potential game changer, pump it into people (because hey, it might work, right?) and see what sticks?

If “every antiviral drug” has at least some anecdotal evidence of helping people with C-19, then yes.  Is that the case?

Edited by HockeyDad

21 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Might as well order that book I had on the 1918 epidemic if anyone has it in stock. I remember reading that virus mutated at least once but don’t remember if people who were sick before caught it again. THAT is scary as hell....

And there’s no vaccine for it. 

11 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

If “every antiviral drug” has at least some anecdotal evidence of helping people with C-19, then yes.  Is that the case?

Anecdotal? Really? Insane. :laughing:

21 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

If there is no 2021 season, then my prediction is that might be the end of it. But I think there will be a 2021 season. The Covid will fade away as the 1918 influenza did. 

Problem is..... from the time it first started showing up in Kansas until the time the last mutated form totally disappeared for unknown reasons.... it was almost three years. Early 1918 to almost end of 1920. With some times in between where it looked like it was done.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Anecdotal? Really? Insane. :laughing:

Because?  

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Problem is..... from the time it first started showing up in Kansas until the time the last mutated form disappeared for unknown reasons.... it was almost three years. Early 1918 to almost end of 1920. With some times in between where it looked like it was done.

I don’t think it struck the same places twice though. Could be wrong. I suspect Covid has been much more widespread than we know. 

Edited by HockeyDad