If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

What if.... football season (which actually involves some mb) gets delayed to early spring? 

15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You said people are most concerned about whether a drug is worth trying to treat COVID-19.

Hydroxychloroquine is an anti-viral drug (among other things) with little to no substantive evidence to suggest it does anything to treat COVID-19 other than hearsay and sketchy studies. 

I took the logical leap for you, that if the concern is whether a drug is worth trying, and actual substantive evidence really isn't much of a concern (it apparently isn't with hydroxychloroquine), then might as well try out a bunch of anti-viral drugs because they have about as much evidence of efficacy of treating COVID-19 as any other anti-viral drug. 

There is nothing whatsoever logical about that leap.  I never said “actual substantive evidence isn’t really much of a concern”.  I never said anything of the kind.  Please refrain from putting words in other people’s mouths.  

Edited by skevinp

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

You may need to get tested.  

You’ve turned purple, which may be indicative of respiratory issues. The hysterical laughter is also a little concerning.  

Either that or the booze store delivery just came thru..... Or drinking the wrong bottle and chugging hand sanitizer by mistake.

Some local distilleries started making hand sanitizer instead of booze and putting it in the bottles they use for their booze. Faber distillery makes rum and flavored vodka which is clear. So on the label of clear hand sanitizer they put “NOT FOR DRINKING “.   

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You said people are most concerned about whether a drug is worth trying to treat COVID-19.

Hydroxychloroquine is an anti-viral drug (among other things) with little to no substantive evidence to suggest it does anything to treat COVID-19 other than hearsay and sketchy studies. 

I took the logical leap for you, that if the concern is whether a drug is worth trying, and actual substantive evidence really isn't much of a concern (it apparently isn't with hydroxychloroquine), then might as well try out a bunch of anti-viral drugs because they have about as much evidence of efficacy of treating COVID-19 as any other anti-viral drug. 

Remarkably enough that's exactly what hospitals worldwide are doing!  Many drugs (including C18H26ClN3O) are being tried based on little to no substantive evidence they're effective on C-19.    When you have a pandemic, rules are loosened and the medical community bypasses all the normal processes for drug testing.  

Just now, karuna said:

Remarkably enough that's exactly what hospitals worldwide are doing!  Many drugs (including C18H26ClN3O) are being tried based on little to no substantive evidence they're effective on C-19.    When you have a pandemic, rules are loosened and the medical community bypasses all the normal processes for drug testing.  

Too bad we don’t hear more about those tests also.....

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Either that or the booze store delivery just came thru..... Or drinking the wrong bottle and chugging hand sanitizer by mistake.

Some local distilleries started making hand sanitizer instead of booze and putting it in the bottles they use for their booze. Faber distillery makes rum and flavored vodka which is clear. So on the label of clear hand sanitizer they put “NOT FOR DRINKING “.   

I’d rather drink hand sanitizer than waste good booze on my hands.  

• Haha 3