If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

40 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

But I also have  an MDiv. Can we please stop these t!t for tat arguments, at least for a little while? Please?

Well I didn’t think that was what I was  doing.  To the contrary, I thought I was trying to help people understand each other rather than assume the worst about their motivations.  

I wasn’t even meaning to argue with Jim, whose intentions were pure.  Just adding to what he was saying.

i knew I guy with an MDiv.  Never studied.  Said he was able to divine all the answers.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, skevinp said:

i knew I guy with an MDiv.  Never studied.  Said he was able to divine all the answers.

It was a three year post graduate degree for me including two years of Greek and two years of Hebrew. No one can “divine” Greek and Hebrew.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It’s all Greek to me.

After two years of study, it still is to me, too!

12 hours ago, Poppycock said:

That’s odd! DCP members who were pageantry experts just two months ago became economic scholars a month ago and are now infectious disease experts. 

said that last night. it got overlooked by WebMD

6 hours ago, year1buick said:

Assuming there’s a 2021 season... with corps having to fight to just stay operational, could this possibly result in a reduction of the prop/set-piece arms race that’s been building over the last few years? Maybe some leaner, meaner drum corps productions for a change?

maybe, but honestly, that's nowhere near the budget killer people assume. food, fuel, housing and insurance are the biggest issues....and housing will be the #1 issue

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Totally get it. I was an Econ major,  emphasis on macro economics and monetary policy. Still, it’s hard for me to see that as the priority right now. Sorry. 
But I also have a MDiv. Can we please stop these t!t for tat arguments, at least for a little while? Please?

I am sorry for your loss, Jurassic Lancer. 

As I alluded to earlier, I think the manner in which we, as a society, have voluntarily come together to execute "stop the spread" demonstrates our agreement on what the priority is right now.  And if a less eloquent post than yours forgets to include the "right now" part, I believe that my response will serve as a clarification, not an argument.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It was a three year post graduate degree for me including two years of Greek and two years of Hebrew. No one can “divine” Greek and Hebrew.

The only word I can remember & use frequently from my college Greek class is "skata".  Used in a sentence:  "(insert politician's name) is a piece of skata".  I'll y'all figure it out.  :spitting:

Disclaimer:  Sentence used for demonstration purposes only and is not intended as a political statement.  :innocent:  

Edited by keystone3ply
addition
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

The only word I can remember & use frequently from my college Greek class is "scata".  Used in a sentence:  "(insert politician's name) is a piece of scata".  I'll y'all figure it out.  :spitting:

Disclaimer:  Sentence used for demonstration purposes only and is not intended as a political statement.  :innocent:  

Moderators!!!!!  The word political exists in the above post!

I kid.

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 3