If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

21 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I have to call BS on that one.

We do not really know where the line is between good and harm, nor do we know for sure which tactics are working to what extent.  And that applies to the infectious disease experts too.  If you need an example, look no further than the nose on your face (and the mask covering it, thanks to a very recent 180-degree reversal of guidance from the experts).

We have to take a lot of it on faith.  And we have.  We (we the people, at least) have come together with 99+% efficiency to execute extreme, voluntary social distancing and other tactics for 15 days another 15 days until end of April to stop the spread.  These tactics come at a cost.  And I am not talking about mere economics.  Fitness routines have been disrupted.  Supply chains of health-related goods are strained.  If you like your doctor, you are socially distancing from your doctor.  Dentists too.  There are bans on elective surgeries, some of which are only really "elective" in a short-term scheduling sense. 

People will die from extending these circumstances longer and longer.  The only difference is that no one is counting those deaths.

Yes, this (above).  The data everybody is using to base their decisions on is extremely flawed.  Only a tiny fraction of the actual cases are reported due to the severe lack of tests.  Add to that most people being tested are ones that show fairly severe symptoms of COVID.  This leads to an extreme understatement in the actual infection rate and overstatement in the true mortality rate.  We count every death (most have severe underlying conditions) but only a tiny fraction of the cases. This has led to the extreme overreaction we are in now.  Nobody will actually admit they were way off in the estimation of the lethality of COVID and when the data shows the fatality rate far, far below what was originally stated you will be told it is due to social distancing and lockdown.  This is incorrect.  We are still funneling into the grocery store, Wal-Mart, and Target.  You are still being exposed.  It is just way less dangerous than you were told.  I'm sure lots of you will disagree, and that is fine.  Pay attention to the data in the coming weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Continental said:

If you are referring to the Reptilians, I have to say that among all the reporting, there has been no evidence so far of them being susceptible to Covid-19.

Are those the underground dwelling creatures from H.G. Wells “The Time Machine”?   I saw the movie version of that as a kid. It gave me the creeps. I think it still does. 

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Are those the underground dwelling creatures from H.G. Wells “The Time Machine”?   I saw the movie version of that as a kid. It gave me the creeps. I think it still does. 

Morlocks... really creepy when they rotted at high speed.... Knew a guy for years with a name close to Morlock. Can’t remember now, all I come up with is Morlock... ugh

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Continental said:

Sharks vs. Jets in 2021.

Yeah that’s it. And yup. Still gives me the creeps. 

1 hour ago, Guitar1974 said:

Yes, this (above).  The data everybody is using to base their decisions on is extremely flawed.  Only a tiny fraction of the actual cases are reported due to the severe lack of tests.  Add to that most people being tested are ones that show fairly severe symptoms of COVID.  This leads to an extreme understatement in the actual infection rate and overstatement in the true mortality rate.  We count every death (most have severe underlying conditions) but only a tiny fraction of the cases. This has led to the extreme overreaction we are in now.  Nobody will actually admit they were way off in the estimation of the lethality of COVID and when the data shows the fatality rate far, far below what was originally stated you will be told it is due to social distancing and lockdown.  This is incorrect.  We are still funneling into the grocery store, Wal-Mart, and Target.  You are still being exposed.  It is just way less dangerous than you were told.  I'm sure lots of you will disagree, and that is fine.  Pay attention to the data in the coming weeks. 

Someone deleted sections of my post, FYI.  I made no political comments, only that many people are forming opinions and making decisions based on very, very flawed data.  COVID mortality will be proven much less dangerous than you are being told.  Wait and watch the actual data unfold.

33 minutes ago, Guitar1974 said:

Someone deleted sections of my post, FYI.  I made no political comments, only that many people are forming opinions and making decisions based on very, very flawed data.  COVID mortality will be proven much less dangerous than you are being told.  Wait and watch the actual data unfold.

they want to keep you scared and under control”....

Agree with wait and see how this unfolds..... From what I see a lot of this is new territory to study. So I expect a lot of the estimates/best guesses will be off. Working IT and see that estimate something be problem first hand I can understand 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

18 minutes ago, Guitar1974 said:

I saw that. 

Ordinarily, when a post is edited, it indicates who edited it and when (even if done by a moderator).  For some reason, I am not seeing that in this case.

13 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I saw that. 

Ordinarily, when a post is edited, it indicates who edited it and when (even if done by a moderator).  For some reason, I am not seeing that in this case.

Mods are only ones who can edit others posts.... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari