If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I agree, the new "work from home" push will definitely help, but there are still many workers who are in occupations where work from home simply is not an option. Many of them have been laid off. I feel for them, truly, as they are the backbone of this country. However, the mindset we should be following is to prioritize the greater good rather than that of a few, as grim as that might sound. 

I hope that the need to not affect others is appreciated much more than has been in the past. 

So many have wages cut when they are sick.

Edited by Continental

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

I hope that the need to not affect others is appreciated much more than has been in the past. 

We also have to get over the idea that it’s not going to be as bad here because (insert favorite we’re different or better rant here).

That goes from leaders to people posting on social media. Still remember a dcp post month+ ago saying it won’t be as bad here as Italy because we have better hygiene standards. (Need emoji of hand slapping forehead)

• Thanks 2

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

We also have to get over the idea that it’s not going to be as bad here because (insert favorite we’re different or better rant here).

That goes from leaders to people posting on social media. Still remember a dcp post month+ ago saying it won’t be as bad here as Italy because we have better hygiene standards. (Need emoji of hand slapping forehead)

We were warned.  We were warned many times.

It has now happened.

I hope the next time (there will be a next time), we are prepared. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, rpbobcat said:

But according to a number of Doctors,including Doctor Oz,

I appreciate that you are referring to Doctor Oz.

However, I would much rather listen to Lindsay Lohan - in a fake, British accent,  than Doctor Oz. 

Or listen to Cher, in her impersonation of a potted plant, needing water, than Dr. Oz. 

These times call for people who are expects in matters like this.  Not television personalities. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

I appreciate that you are referring to Doctor Oz.

However, I would much rather listen to Lindsay Lohan - in a fake, British accent,  than Doctor Oz. 

Or listen to Cher, in her impersonation of a potted plant, needing water, than Dr. Oz. 

These times call for people who are expects in matters like this.  Not television personalities. 

If you read my post,I said "a number of doctors".

If you wish to discount Dr. Oz' s qualifications fine. 

He's far from the only doctor saying the same thing.

17 minutes ago, Continental said:

We were warned.  We were warned many times.

It has now happened.

I hope the next time (there will be a next time), we are prepared. 

Yeah but we’re “special”..... and again that mindset applies to far too many average people so not meant to be political. And on topic as corps leaders need to rid of that “it won’t happen to us”  idea that has bit then before....

As for Dr Oz.... well prefer to listen to someone who hasn’t endorsed products in the past. He might know his stuff but too many years of yearly “conflict of interest” emails at work (Department of Defense)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

21 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yup, even our dear friend Garfield posted this very irresponsible post less than a month ago. Just terrible misinformation.

LIeIxm2.png

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

As for Dr Oz.... well prefer to listen to someone who hasn’t endorsed products in the past. He might know his stuff but too many years of yearly “conflict of interest” emails at work (Department of Defense)

It's too bad that Dr. Miss Cleo is no longer around. 

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 2