If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I picked a bad time to get old. 

Its not one's age that matters, but rather one's state of health.  😉   

8 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Organization recruiting plans revised to recruit aggressively upwards of 350 mile radius, due to the expectation of a reduction in long distant membership participation. The outcome of these efforts will determine the need for spring training facilities if needed at all. Shorter touring season and venue changes too. Reduced staff size and staff budgets, and tighter control of all capital expenditures. Certainly some organizations will be more limited in overall operating cost than others. LabMaster is right that there will be a different look in 2021. Who's going to manage each organizations performance schedule is very uncertain.

who's going to manage period is uncertain

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

As I’ve shared before, renting out school facilities can be a pain and the funds received is are often not worth the work involved. Most schools only do so if they have to do so. I know of some communities where the public schools do not get to keep the funds. The town or city owns the buildings and they get the funds. An economic downturn could be a game changer if a school or municipality needs all the money it can get. Regarding the fear of germs. If we’re still worried about outsiders bringing germs next year, we won’t have a 2021 season either. 

agreed. if the fall surge some speculate on happens, it'll really #### things up