Coronavirus predictions, projections, models, facts and opinions.

40 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

One of the nation's worst outbreaks is in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, where more than 600 people who work at a pork-processing plant have tested positive -- that's out of 3,700 people who work there. I'm reading comments, even from people who should know better, attributing that infection rate to the fact that the workers are immigrants who live with their many relatives in small apartments. Way to blame the people who process our food (this plant alone processes 5% of the nation's pork) but apparently aren't paid enough to afford larger homes for their families.

Also ignoring close working conditions at plants like this. PA wont release case info more detailed that county but rumors two counties have hot spots at places with close working conditions and high percentage of immigrant labor. IOW workers who can’t really complain about conditions 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Actually my dog groomer is allowed to operate... kind of.  Only allowed to work on dogs that would get matted if not groomed for a while. Had to pass a social distancing check to be allowed to open. But most dog owners are concerned about nails not being cut. Can’t go in the shop so hand over dog from the car outside. Pet stores and place that makes pet food considered essential.

on what’s left of my hair decided no beard trimming until this is over. Will probably be Dirty Santa by then... Niece is stylist and place is closed, her hubby makes dog food so working 🤭

Could he work me in?  How does he feel about humans?  :spitting:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Could he work me in?  How does he feel about humans?  :spitting:

What breed are you? Lol it’s the wife of one of my churches ministers. Ever feel guilty about not going to church when you get a dog groomed 😫

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I realize how important this virus is to some, but now we're getting to the point where governors are shutting too much stuff down with authoritarian rule.

My concern is that there is a real possibility that civil unrest may lead to violence, and that violence leads to someone getting injured or killed which may start civil war. People with nothing have nothing to lose. 

Then why and what are they protesting if they have nothing to lose?!

Edited by Bob P.
addition.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bob P. said:

Then why and what are they protesting if they have nothing to lose?!

Freedom's just another word...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Freedom's just another word...

Oh No. I was having this very thought. Do you know what this means?

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

I’m glad that both medical and recreational marijuana dispensaries or delivery services throughout the state are still open. At least Gavin understands priorities. 

My wife has RA. She takes a very expensive drug and Methotrexate to keep the inflammation at bay. But sometimes, like now for example, she has a flare that leaves her in tears.  She can’t take anti inflammatories or steroids because they may compromise her liver. The only thing that she can take that brings relief is medical marijuana. Thankfully the dispensaries are considered essential services. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

They’re agitators! Arrest them and put them in detention camps until this is over. 

It's supposed to be in the low 90's this weekend but no one can be on the beach no matter how much they "social distance".........in Orange County, CA.!?  After being cooped up for the last month +?

There won't be enough police to arrest people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I hope we are not equating every current protest with Charlottesville.  And I hope we are not equating every protester with the idiots singled out on TV.

I hope so too.  It is sadly a common political tactic to take a tiny group of outliers and use them to make generalizations about much larger groups of people in order to attack or discredit them.  I would hope that doesn’t happen on DCP.