What three consecutive corps shows would you quarantine with?

2016 Carolina Crown - "Relentless"

2017 Santa Clara Vanguard - "Ourobouros"

2018 Santa Clara Vanguard - "Babylon"

• Like 3

it's tricky trying to come up with three in a row, because one's absolute favorite show may sit between two years of (relative) clunkers.

• Like 1

I'd probably want to go back a ways in order to catch-up on shows I had not seen in a while.  

• Suncoast Sound 1984, 85, 86 (but I prefer 88)
  • or maybe Bluecoats 1988, 89, 90
  • or maybe Madison Scouts 1981, SCV 82, Garfield 83
  • or maybe SCV 74, Madison 75, BD 76 - throw in Phantom 1978, and 27th Lancers and Bridgemen from 1980 for bonus (I know, these are not in order)

What would actually be cool in a quarantine would be watching all the 13th place shows from a particular decade. Sometimes it's nice to go back in time and check out shows you have forgotten about. All the recent stuff I have seen and heard too much now. No need to beat that horse. I love so many shows from recent years, but I have seen them a lot. If I had to be locked away for a while I imagine I'd want some stuff to watch and listen to that I have not explored in a while. Some 70s and 80s would be fun. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2

OK, this was hard, but:

Blue Devils 1995, "Carpe Noctem"

Phantom Regiment 1996, "Defiant Heart"

Madison Scouts 1997, "The Pirates of Lake Mendota"

• Like 4

13 hours ago, leed17 said:

88 Blue Devils

89 Phantom Regiment

90 Star of Indiana

Hoo boy. I may need to change my answer. This is a solid list!

Another list could certainly include Madison Scouts from the 90s. While not usually in contention for the title, Madison had a great 1990s when it came to entertainment and lighting-up the crowd like a fireworks show on July 4. 

Take Madison Scouts 1995, 96, and 97 

Or Madison 1993, 94, 95 or 97, 98, 99

1995 and 1997 Madison were two of the most audience friendly shows of their era. Crowds went nuts from the moment they marched on the field to the finals strains of their shows. Other than Phantom 2008 and a few others I've rarely seen a crowd react to a show like they did with Madison in 1995 and 1997. Madison 1999 was also up there.