Just a Head’s-Up

Like so many of you, I cancelled a flight for later this month.  No change fees for re-booking at a later date. So, this morning, I re-booked. Here’s what happened.

Since I re-booked for a later date, there will also be no change fee, even if I later have to re-book the new tickets! I receive a full purchase refund on the old tickets, to use towards the new tickets.

Now, the real surprise . . .

All tickets for the summer and beyond have already been reduced. My original April trip is now happening in October. But . . . I will now fly to the same destination in First Class, rather than Main Cabin Extra . . . . and with a savings of $400 from the original tickets!

No,   I will not name the airline. I’ll be changing a different trip tomorrow!

If you have a re-booking to make, I suggest you check your airlines’ options now.

Any other savings tips to add due to the unusual situation we find ourselves in?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Like so many of you, I cancelled a flight for later this month.  No change fees for re-booking at a later date. So, this morning, I re-booked. Here’s what happened.

Since I re-booked for a later date, there will also be no change fee, even if I later have to re-book the new tickets! I receive a full purchase refund on the old tickets, to use towards the new tickets.

All tickets for the summer and beyond have already been reduced. My original April trip is now happening in October. But . . . I will now fly to the same destination in First Class, rather than Main Cabin Extra . . . . and with a savings of $400 from the original tickets!

If you have a re-booking to make, I suggest you check your airlines’ options now.

Any other savings tips to add due to the unusual situation we find ourselves in?

Fred. Which airline?  Maybe they’re all the same. But - just curious. 

9 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Fred. Which airline?  Maybe they’re all the same. But - just curious. 

Oh, OK !

American Airlines.   By the way, even the airline agent on the phone wasn’t sure of all the options. She had to go and get authorization from her Supervisor.

31 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Of course this assumes that airlines will still be in business in the fall.  I know a guy who recently had to fly from NYC to LA - there were 6 passengers.  

36 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Of course this assumes that airlines will still be in business in the fall.  I know a guy who recently had to fly from NYC to LA - there were 6 passengers.  

Isn’t part of the $2 bajillion relief package helping the airlines?

My Current Coronavirus Pandemic 2020 or COVID-19 Savings:  😷  (I'm really bored right now)

Movie Theater Tickets (All Closed except for our local Drive-In)  

Broadway Touring Shows Canceled  (Hope to see Hamilton, Wicked, & Dear Evan Hansen in 2021)

DCI 2020 Tour Canceled 😢

Hotel Cancelation Savings

College Football Tickets (TBD) 

Miami/Key West Trip Feb 2021 (TBD) 😎

Restaurants (The finer venues are closed; others carry out only)

Transportation Fuel Cost (Gas Prices 😃 $1.44/Gal; that's about to change)

Automotive Insurance Refund of 25%+

New Autos Discounted plus 180 Months at 0% - No Payments until 2025 or Ever 😆

Cruise Currently Booking Future Discounted Trips  (If you're brave enough; I, for one, am not.) 😇

Discounted Stock Prices (Sure, go ahead.  Buy low & sell high)

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

38 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes, but it may not do much in long run.  At least jet fuel is cheap right now.

Yes apparent they’ll pay you to take it off their hands!  If only I had a thousand gallon tank lying around. 

I'm going through this now as I had several trips booked the spring and early summer both domestically and one international.  The "Points Guy" gives a good overview on what to do as there is a strategy.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/covid-19-vouchers-refunds-video/