Cadets

The 2021 BAC thread says they are looking for 500K to make up for "lost summer revenue".

The Bluecoats thread talks about needing $350K for "refund obligations and to keep the Bluecoats alive 

and operating".

Does anyone know what the Cadets'  "bottom line" is to make up for lost  2020 revenue,including refunds,and any other 

financial obligations they may have.?

• Haha 1

ZOOMATHON FOR THE CADETS ON MAROON AND GOLD DAY!
This is really cool! Check it out.
  • Like 2

35 minutes to go in the last POWER HOUR for the Maroon & Gold Club's - Giving Tuesday event.

$45,381.50 OF $50,000 RAISED

Please help the Cadets reach their goal of $50k.  Largest donation by the end of the hour receives a Cadets shako and plume as thanks for your support and generosity.

Go to https://cadets.org/donate/ 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, njthundrrd said:
ZOOMATHON FOR THE CADETS ON MAROON AND GOLD DAY!
This is really cool! Check it out.

I watched this from 3:00 until 7:45. Very entertaining, informative, and motivational! It was fun to take a break and hype my favorite drum corps.

1 hour ago, dans said:

I watched this from 3:00 until 7:45. Very entertaining, informative, and motivational! It was fun to take a break and hype my favorite drum corps.

They averaged over 150 viewers at any given time over the course of the Zoom-athon! Good work and a great start on the admin teams part!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:

They averaged over 150 viewers at any given time over the course of the Zoom-athon! Good work and a great start on the admin teams part!

I enjoyed listening to you speak! This team seems to be doing all the right stuff.

3 hours ago, dans said:

I enjoyed listening to you speak! This team seems to be doing all the right stuff.

Thank you. It's not about me, but the staff and the young people, but thank you for the compliment. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 3:33 PM, rpbobcat said:

The 2021 BAC thread says they are looking for 500K to make up for "lost summer revenue".

The Bluecoats thread talks about needing $350K for "refund obligations and to keep the Bluecoats alive 

and operating".

Does anyone know what the Cadets'  "bottom line" is to make up for lost  2020 revenue,including refunds,and any other 

financial obligations they may have.?

I don’t know the answer to your question but it looks like the Cadets were aiming for $50k yesterday and reached it.  Seems like most corps have been seeking 70-100k.  Cavaliers was about 100k and they reached it and then encouraged donors to give to other corps which was a very nice gesture on their part.  BAC wording is a little odd.  Sure they lose 500k revenue but they also avoid the largest expense in touring.  Bluecoats seem to be trying to maintain everything status quo which I understand the desire but I’d rather see all corps go survival mode than having some die and others pad the coffers.

Tuesday was just the kickoff to The Cadets Maroon and Gold campaign. Day 1 was a huge success.

Every drum corps is going to need funds to keep their minimal offices running between now and Oct/Nov or so when then kick back in again (hopefully, but I am objectively optimistic)!
I would guess that on average, each corps will need to raise about $250-$400k to keep their operations going in that time. Not having a summer tour and DCI show money coming in, parade money, the money from running a home show, "feed the corps on tour" type campaigns, bingo etc is taking a huge bite out of a lot of corps. Think about this, each corps sponsor is going through tough times also. Not many drum sticks, instruments, uniforms, etc are being sold to schools to support the drum corps sponsorships right now. Tough times all around.

So, probably more than ever... The corps needs their fans and, most importantly, their alumni to rally and financially support them. Which, in and of itself, is hard if you were laid off of your job or your commissions are minimal or non-existent, but every little bit counts. Maybe $20-$50 a month for a year would be HUGE to every group, if say, 100-200 people did that.

Sorry for the rant...
The Cadets can use your help, please give! https://cadets.org/donate/ Like I said, if you can't give a large gift in a lump sum, please consider giving $20-$50 a month for the year. Thanks! 

"March Straight and True, to Victory..."

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

I don’t know the answer to your question but it looks like the Cadets were aiming for $50k yesterday and reached it.  Seems like most corps have been seeking 70-100k.  Cavaliers was about 100k and they reached it and then encouraged donors to give to other corps which was a very nice gesture on their part.  BAC wording is a little odd.  Sure they lose 500k revenue but they also avoid the largest expense in touring.  Bluecoats seem to be trying to maintain everything status quo which I understand the desire but I’d rather see all corps go survival mode than having some die and others pad the coffers.

BAC’s “lost revenue” refers to the inability to hold their single biggest annual fundraiser, Concert In The Park. That particular event kicks of their tour usually.  But with no tour, there was not going to be an event. That event also raises funds primarily for BAC’s parent organization, IAM, which supports all IAM groups; Inspire, Blessed Sac, HYPE. So this year (just announced) they have decided to hold it virtually.  It will be held June 15.  The point is that corps are getting creative with virtual presentations and Cadets have just shown they can be successful at fundraising using this technology.  Maybe corps can do virtual camps and somehow let people peek in; with a donation of course.  Just a thought.  Continued success Cadets.

Edited by LabMaster